Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino

Featured Replies

Was listening to Scott Van Pelt and Russillo on the way to class today and Bobby Petrino's name came up. They said that they didn't see him staying at WKU past this year.

 

Thoughts?

 

I was somewhat surprised by this, as I thought it would at least be a two year gig for him to prove himself not to be a liability before some big time programs considered him to be hirable again.

Nothing should ever surprise us with Bobby P.

 

I'm currently in Arkansas. They all agree on two things: great coach and a moron.

I agree with SVP. I guess there's a chance he stays for a second year, but nothing beyond that. I look at this year as being his year of probation for being such a toad. Someone will scoop him up quickly.

If Western goes to a Bowl, they'll be going alone...he will have been long since gone!

  • Author
If Western goes to a Bowl, they'll be going alone...he will have been long since gone!

 

What school do you see hiring him? Or better yet, what school would he be willing to leave for, no questions asked? I see it being more of a deal where he holds out for a bigger and better offer instead of getting locked into a multi-year deal with a school he's kind of stuck at.

Depends on how they fare. If WKU shows a vast improvement over last year and much is attributed to Petrino then he will be gone.

 

 

If WKU falters and the progress is minimal I could see him staying a second year, but that really depends on the other jobs available. If a better school comes along he bolts IMO.

What school do you see hiring him? Or better yet, what school would he be willing to leave for, no questions asked? I see it being more of a deal where he holds out for a bigger and better offer instead of getting locked into a multi-year deal with a school he's kind of stuck at.

There are several jobs in BCS Conferences that come open every season...not sure who it would be but there will be several options for him.

If he keeps his nose and other parts clean this year and wins more games at WKU than he loses, there will be several schools looking to hire him. He just needs to rehab himself in Bowling Green for a little while. I def could see him staying 2 years if the offer or school isn't great but I don't think he's there any longer than 2 seasons, unless WKU sucks.

  • Author
There are several jobs in BCS Conferences that come open every season...not sure who it would be but there will be several options for him.

 

My thinking is more along the lines of those jobs being ones where there is a ceiling on the types of things he can do (i.e., admissions at a school like Northwestern or Vanderbilt, funding at a school like Kansas, etc.).

 

People think of Arkansas in much of the same light as they do Kentucky as far as pejorative stereotypes go, at least in my experience living in the Southwest region, but they forget or are ignorant of the fact that the Walton family and the Wal-Mart corporation funnels serious money into the university's coffers.

 

I have no doubt in my mind that Petrino would jump on a chance to go to a school like Auburn, Georgia (if Richt were to underachieve and get fired), or a school like Cal (think of what he could do with their upgraded facilities and recruiting base), but I don't know if those types of jobs will be available.

 

What schools are attractive options that also have coaches on the hot seat?

  • Author

Here's one for some hypothetical debate:

 

ASSUME the following:

 

1. Charlie Strong wins a BCS game at Louisville this year, capping off a 1 loss season.

2. Mack Brown retires from the University of Texas.

3. Charlie Strong is hired by the University of Texas, leaving Louisville.

4. You are Louisville's AD.

 

- As Louisville's AD, is Petrino brought up in your coaching search?

- If Petrino is brought up, where do you put him on your list of candidates?

- Plan A? Plan B? Plan C? Plan J?

Here's one for some hypothetical debate:

 

ASSUME the following:

 

1. Charlie Strong wins a BCS game at Louisville this year, capping off a 1 loss season.

2. Mack Brown retires from the University of Texas.

3. Charlie Strong is hired by the University of Texas, leaving Louisville.

4. You are Louisville's AD.

 

- As Louisville's AD, is Petrino brought up in your coaching search?

- If Petrino is brought up, where do you put him on your list of candidates?

- Plan A? Plan B? Plan C? Plan J?

 

I don't see any scenario in which Louisville would ever go crawling back to Petrino, because that's how it would be viewed. The walk of shame for them to even allow him to interview for the job. But that's just my opinion.

  • Author
I don't see any scenario in which Louisville would ever go crawling back to Petrino, because that's how it would be viewed. The walk of shame for them to even allow him to interview for the job. But that's just my opinion.

 

Walk of shame - yes. Winning games - ???

Bobby Petrino..........A complete pin head / pitiful excuse for a human being. Not a bad coach but that in no way over rides the pathetic human being that is Bobby Petrino.

I wouldn't put it past the "so called" man that if he should get another offer during this season that he would resign and go. Yes, he's done that before as well. I realize that Petrino is a very good offensive football coach but why WKU or anyone else would hire him I have no idea. Should he stab WKU in the back, they knew what he was and would deserve it.

I agree with everyone, I don't see him staying after this year. I'm glad that Kentucky didn't get him. If he does leave WKU after this season, who would be some coaches that would be interested in the WKU job?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.