Shark Week

You guys do know that this was a "mockumentary" don't you? This "footage" was about as real as the Mermaids documentary that Animal Planet had. I'm really disappointed in The Discovery Channel for putting something like this out. They might as well have went in search of Sharknado.

Yeah, after the fact. I didn't know it at the time when I was watching. I tuned in about halfway through and it wasn't until it was over when I found out the truth about the show.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was a kid my dad used to make us little sieves with 1X2s and porch screen. Once a summer we would drive to Calvert Cliffs, down on the western side of the Chesapeake Bay. We could wade in the water, scoop up the sand on the bottom and find maybe a dozen little shark's teeth or more in an hour's time.

You guys do know that this was a "mockumentary" don't you? This "footage" was about as real as the Mermaids documentary that Animal Planet had. I'm really disappointed in The Discovery Channel for putting something like this out. They might as well have went in search of Sharknado.

I guess next you're going to tell everyone that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real. :lol:

Yeah, after the fact. I didn't know it at the time when I was watching. I tuned in about halfway through and it wasn't until it was over when I found out the truth about the show.

Me either...watched last half hour or so live the rest was on DVR...didn't know until I saw it on the internet this AM.

VERY DISAPPOINTED in Discovery for doing something like that...especially to start off Shark Week.

I don't get it. I really don't.

Why does everybody like sharks so much?

Is this ironic or some other postmodern thing I don't understand?

Air Jaws got me hooked a few years ago...I like most of the shows on SW but I love the Air Jaws Series where 1000lb Great Whites are coming out of the water like a Largemouth chasing a buzz bait...man that's something to see.

The year that Jaws was released, I was a beach lifeguard on the Chesapeake Bay. Folks that wouldn't have second thoughts about going any distance out in the water were acting like a bunch of weenies.

One day we saw something about a half mile out in the bay that no one could explain. Turns out it was a sea turtle inching its way along. It wouldn't have been news had it not been for the Jaws craze.

The year that Jaws was released, I was a beach lifeguard on the Chesapeake Bay. Folks that wouldn't have second thoughts about going any distance out in the water were acting like a bunch of weenies.

One day we saw something about a half mile out in the bay that no one could explain. Turns out it was a sea turtle inching its way along. It wouldn't have been news had it not been for the Jaws craze.

How far is that from "Amity Island"?

Papa back in the day. :clap:

lifeguard.jpg