Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pete Rose HOF

Featured Replies

Let's say Pete Rose is reinstated today. Does he ever get into the HOF?

 

It seems most cry for Selig to let it go and reinstate him so he can be in the HOF. However listening to Mike and Mike this morning, Tim Kirchen basically said he wouldn't be voted in. The more I think about he's probably right.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope he would but people sometimes have long memories when it comes to their HOF vote.

No, should never be reinstated, should not be in HOF, should never be allowed in a baseball stadium, should not be allowed to associate with anything baseball, period.

If he's reinstated, the voters don't have a hair on their scrotum if they don't vote him in because of some prejudice. They vote on baseball merit, not quality of citizen.

He'll never get in while he is alive IMO.

 

Maybe after he passes away he would be reinstated and the veterans committee could vote him in. No way the Elitist Snobs of the BBWAA ever vote him in.

 

IMO Pete "The Player" deserve to be in.

 

Pete Rose has served almost 24 years of a life time ban...almost 288 months

 

Average Murderer is eligible for parole in 215 months...

If he's reinstated, the voters don't have a hair on their scrotum if they don't vote him in because of some prejudice. They vote on baseball merit, not quality of citizen.

 

They've never voted on merit, why should they start for him?

They've never voted on merit, why should they start for him?

Your right, baseball writers are a joke as a whole when it comes to HoF voting. Nice guys get in that may no deserve to get in and others that have the numbers barely squeak in because they weren't writer friendly.

They've never voted on merit, why should they start for him?
Come on. You can be argumentative all you want, he deserves in on his baseball accomplishments. I agree about the committee. I think they should revamp the whole system.
Come on. You can be argumentative all you want, he deserves in on his baseball accomplishments. I agree about the committee. I think they should revamp the whole system.

 

What the hell are you talking about? You said they vote on merit, and they don't. I never said anything about anything else.

What the hell are you talking about? You said they vote on merit, and they don't. I never said anything about anything else.

I misunderstood you then. Do you think his baseball accomplishments deserve the HOF?

I always wondered why the HOF can't just put him in. Are they actually affiliated with MLB?

I misunderstood you then. Do you think his baseball accomplishments deserve the HOF?

 

Yes, but I don't think he deserves to live to see the day that it happens.

 

Also, don't see how they can put him in, and not guys like Bonds, Clemens, Palmerio, ARod, etc. FWIW, I think all those guys on baseball accomplishments and merit deserve to be in.

Shoeless Joe is still banned not sure why Rose would be reinstated

Yes, but I don't think he deserves to live to see the day that it happens.

 

Also, don't see how they can put him in, and not guys like Bonds, Clemens, Palmerio, ARod, etc. FWIW, I think all those guys on baseball accomplishments and merit deserve to be in.

 

Their accomplishments were aided...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.