Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious question on segregated events

Featured Replies

Did I answer the right question?

 

I give up Clyde.

 

I guess I have you on too high of a pedestal. I expect 1000% every night out but I have come to the reality this is the NBA.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When looking at financial aid for college, it sure doesn't hurt when you are black

I give up Clyde.

 

I guess I have you on too high of a pedestal. I expect 1000% every night out but I have come to the reality this is the NBA.

 

Help a brother out then. What's the darn question? All I read was whining by the author about how no one is supposed to acknowledge race but blacks do and whites don't for fear of getting labeled racist.

 

What did I miss?

When looking at financial aid for college, it sure doesn't hurt when you are black

 

Maybe that's because as a rule black families don't earn as much??

Maybe that's because as a rule black families don't earn as much??

 

That might be some of it. But I know of families where they are very very well off and their kid doesn't have to pay a cent. I'm not saying its wrong, but it does make you wonder.

That might be some of it. But I know of families where they are very very well off and their kid doesn't have to pay a cent. I'm not saying its wrong, but it does make you wonder.

 

I've never known that to be the case.

I've never known that to be the case.

 

These kids were very very smart, not valedictorian but probably top 25%. There were white kids with the same Gpa and ACT that went to the same university, the white kids didnt get as much aid from the University. This may be an isolated incident, but still

Two of my white friends went to Ky State University on minority scholarships. Not full rides but they both got nice chunks.

 

True story.

Two of my white friends went to Ky State University on minority scholarships. Not full rides but they both got nice chunks.

 

True story.

 

I'm cool with universities using diversity as a reasoning for scholarships/admission.

 

I do see, though, the legal debate going against schools at some point in regards to admission.

I give up Clyde.

 

I guess I have you on too high of a pedestal. I expect 1000% every night out but I have come to the reality this is the NBA.

 

Did I answer the right question?

This drives me nuts. Would it be better if everyone just got along? Yes, but since we're dealing with reality, here's how I've always viewed what's happening...

 

Why isn't there a White Miss America since there's a Black Miss America? Because for DECADES Miss America was White Miss America.

 

Why isn't there a White Police Union when there's a Black Police Union? Because for DECADES the police union was the White Police Union.

 

It's one thing to integrate; that's been a fantastic movement that was long overdue when it began in this country. But to ask people to suddenly trust the institutions that spent decades or even centuries ignoring them -- or, in some cases, actively working against them -- to suddenly trust those institutions seems foolish.

I laughed but he was serious about the money. I told him to take advantage. It's there for him to use, so use it. If there was a NAAFWG I would be using it.

 

*National Association for the Advancement of Fat White Guys

 

It's called the Republican Party.

 

OH! ZING!

 

 

 

 

...just a joke everybody...

Maybe that's because as a rule black families don't earn as much??

 

Or that there are black colleges...

I want to add I call most of my friends "brother" so I am personally moving in on that one.

 

A black friend of mine said this is how it goes........White friends = Brother. Black friends = Bro :lol2:

It's called the Republican Party.

 

OH! ZING!

 

 

 

...just a joke everybody...

 

 

Haha...made me laugh.:clap:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.