July 18, 201313 yr It's called the Republican Party. OH! ZING! ...just a joke everybody... Well played. :lol2:
July 18, 201313 yr This drives me nuts. Would it be better if everyone just got along? Yes, but since we're dealing with reality, here's how I've always viewed what's happening... Why isn't there a White Miss America since there's a Black Miss America? Because for DECADES Miss America was White Miss America. Why isn't there a White Police Union when there's a Black Police Union? Because for DECADES the police union was the White Police Union. It's one thing to integrate; that's been a fantastic movement that was long overdue when it began in this country. But to ask people to suddenly trust the institutions that spent decades or even centuries ignoring them -- or, in some cases, actively working against them -- to suddenly trust those institutions seems foolish. First, I couldn't care less what all black club there is. That said, until everyone stops living in the past nothing will change. Until blacks stop segregating themselves nothing will change.
July 18, 201313 yr When looking at financial aid for college, it sure doesn't hurt when you are black Maybe that's because as a rule black families don't earn as much?? Isn't that text book racism? Shouldn't help go to the needy regardless of race based on family income. Why does one group get more or less assistance than another group based solely on their race and not their financial need.
July 18, 201313 yr Isn't that text book racism? Shouldn't help go to the needy regardless of race based on family income. Why does one group get more or less assistance than another group based solely on their race and not their financial need. We don't know one group gets more for equal situations, right?
July 18, 201313 yr When looking at financial aid for college, it sure doesn't hurt when you are black We don't know one group gets more for equal situations, right?That is what several on this thread seem to be saying.
July 18, 201313 yr So...I guess you guys are against Women's Clubs, and NAWBO, etc as well? Hey, they now have womens bathrooms at Agusta National!!!! oh crap, I did it now.
July 19, 201313 yr That is what several on this thread seem to be saying. I'd argue that it's tough to say two kids are exactly the same in quality and financial need.
July 19, 201313 yr So...I guess you guys are against Women's Clubs, and NAWBO, etc as well? I love women clubs and girls night. Gives me free time away from the gf.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.