Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious question on segregated events

Featured Replies

Ok, I admit I am a middle aged white male with a problem. I do not see myself as racist, or any other word with a similar meaning. I accept all people for the individuals that they are. This is not the problem.

 

I would like to know why we still have racially divided groups and events. For Example: The Black Miss America Pageant, The Sentinels (minority police association), BETv, the former Black Family Reunion,...etc. The list goes on.

 

I am sure there was a need during the civil rights era, but what about now? What if there were groups that were labeled "white" in todays America?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whites do have VH1 classics.

From a link on this topic:

 

This is completely unacceptable. The rule that we all subscribed to coming out of the Civil Rights movement was that Americans must practice race-blindness and avoid race-conscious speech and behavior, at least in the public square. Whites have followed this rule religiously: they never speak about the collective interests of whites or make negative generalizations about people of other races. And when an occasional white person breaks that rule, he is instantly fired or otherwise ostracized. Yet blacks openly speak about the collective interests of blacks, and collectively blame whites for blacks’ problems. Blacks such as Cornel West address each other as “brother” in public settings where there are both whites and blacks, thus using an in-group identifier of a type that is totally forbidden to whites. Blacks have formed innumerable black-only professional organizations, which whites wouldn’t dream of doing. The government has created “African-American History Month,” and a vast system of special group recognition of blacks as blacks. And now President Obama forms a race-conscious black political organization to help in his election. And he does this, even while piously declaring that he supports an America where we “all play by the same rules”! And, by the way, that “we all play by the same rules” America is an America where (according to the Weekly Standard) blacks are admitted into elite colleges with SAT scores a standard deviation lower than those of whites and Asians.

 

Blacks cannot have it both ways: they cannot demand that whites be race-blind and race-neutral, while blacks continue to be aggressively race-conscious themselves and gain massive favors and privileges in this society by a race-conscious, pro-black double standard. Since blacks (along with their elite liberal facilitators) do not feel themselves bound by the race-blindness rule, then whites should no longer bound by it either.

 

Why whites allow blacks to get away with the racial double standard

I want to add I call most of my friends "brother" so I am personally moving in on that one.

Most of the things white people complain about when it comes to "why do blacks...." are really more about culture than race. It's not different than St Patrick's Day or the Italian festival or....

 

In some cases they want to make sure their interests are represented. Got no problem with that since they are still the minority. I can't imagine anyone being bothered by BET. Come on.

Most of the things white people complain about when it comes to "why do blacks...." are really more about culture than race. It's not different than St Patrick's Day or the Italian festival or....

 

In some cases they want to make sure their interests are represented. Got no problem with that since they are still the minority. I can't imagine anyone being bothered by BET. Come on.

 

I think you are skirting around the question.

  • Author

Cultural festivals such as Italianfest and Octoberfest are good counterpoints. However, what would happen if a white police union were formed, or had a gathering called the white family reunion, or the white Miss America pageant? I'm sure there would be mass outrage!

Was talking to a black guy at work. We were discussing starting a new company. He said, "I'll apply for financial assistance. There's all kinds of money for young black men. Being white gets you one thing...sunburnt."

 

I laughed but he was serious about the money. I told him to take advantage. It's there for him to use, so use it. If there was a NAAFWG I would be using it.

 

*National Association for the Advancement of Fat White Guys

I think you are skirting around the question.

 

Is the question "why can blacks have groups and whites cannot?"

 

I'm pretty consistent in my view that private groups or individuals can do what they want as long as it doesn't violate the law. Have at regardless of how repugnant it might be to some.

 

Why? Because we all have a brain and free will. If your choice is offensive enough to me then I'll boycott or go spend money or vote or whatever with some other group/person. It's really that simple.

 

If the fact that President Obama starts a black group for re-election and it's offensive enough to you (collective you - not just Guru) then don't vote for him. If the fact that there is a Black Family Reunion somehow bothers you then don't do business with any business that supports them. If a group wants to start a White Family Reunion have at it, holmes. Could NOT care less. If a group of white congressman/women want to start a "white caucus" have at it. If that somehow offends me then I'll handle it in the voting booth.

 

The article speaks more about whites than it does blacks. No guts. Afraid of repercussions.

Edited by Clyde

Cultural festivals such as Italianfest and Octoberfest are good counterpoints. However, what would happen if a white police union were formed, or had a gathering called the white family reunion, or the white Miss America pageant? I'm sure there would be mass outrage!

 

 

Probably so but 100% irrelevant and a non-issue to me.

The question being?

 

Seriously?

Seriously?

 

I went back and read the article and responded above. I assume I answered "the question."

I went back and read the article and responded above. I assume I answered "the question."

 

Okay

Okay

 

Did I answer the right question?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.