The only Kim Kardashian thread I'll ever start... Baby's name

All Tell

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unique names are fine, but sometimes I think people are just need to think about it before hanging their kid with a name that becomes a bad joke. A name is something that sticks with a person and I can't imagine some of these people with cutesie names later in life when they are trying to do something where they need to be taken serious. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our new vice president Sanity Oasis"

I know a couple who named their daughter "Baby". The mom was in our office once answering basic information and she tells our receptionist we have a new baby.

The receptionist asks "What is the baby's name?"

Answer: "Baby"

Receptionist: "Yes, but what is her name"

Answer: "Baby Smith"

This apparently went on for a while.

He didn't say he hated them, just that they were idiots.

Yeah, but that means he thinks they are idiots. He only knows what he has seen of them. He can't truly gauge if they are idiots or not. I'm sure he'll then say based on what he has seen he doesn't want to get to know them because they seem to be idiots or people he wouldn't associate with. So to me if you call someone and idiot but you don't truly know them that means your are making an emotional decision(hate) about how you think they are without truly knowing them. That means he is making an uninformed observation when he says their kids are screwed because they are idiots. He is making an uninformed hate based observation on whether or not their kids will be fine. He doesn't know. He's just guessing and his hate is what he based that decision on.

Unique names are fine, but sometimes I think people are just need to think about it before hanging their kid with a name that becomes a bad joke. A name is something that sticks with a person and I can't imagine some of these people with cutesie names later in life when they are trying to do something where they need to be taken serious. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our new vice president Sanity Oasis"

I know a couple who named their daughter "Baby". The mom was in our office once answering basic information and she tells our receptionist we have a new baby.

The receptionist asks "What is the baby's name?"

Answer: "Baby"

Receptionist: "Yes, but what is her name"

Answer: "Baby Smith"

This apparently went on for a while.

I had it to do all over again, I'd have 3 boys named Who, What, and I Don't Know and teach them to play baseball. :D :banana:

Yeah, but that means he thinks they are idiots. He only knows what he has seen of them. He can't truly gauge if they are idiots or not. I'm sure he'll then say based on what he has seen he doesn't want to get to know them because they seem to be idiots or people he wouldn't associate with. So to me if you call someone and idiot but you don't truly know them that means your are making an emotional decision(hate) about how you think they are without truly knowing them. That means he is making an uninformed observation when he says their kids are screwed because they are idiots. He is making an uninformed hate based observation on whether or not their kids will be fine. He doesn't know. He's just guessing and his hate is what he based that decision on.

I hate the Taliban and I do not know them...

Of course he thinks they are idiots, he said that in his post. We all make judgments based upon what we have been exposed to. Saying someone is an idiot is a far cry from hating them. I know people who I think are idiots, but I still like them. I don't connect the dots between character assessment and hate the same way you are.