Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does Wiggins compare to previous top-rated players

Featured Replies

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you know it's true that there were a zillion detractors to KD also. Can't deny what he is now. Maybe Wig won't pan out, but I wouldn't bet against him.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you know it's true that there were a zillion detractors to KD also. Can't deny what he is now. Maybe Wig won't pan out, but I wouldn't bet against him.

 

I'm not saying he won't pan out. I'm saying he ain't better than Kobe. Nothing more nothing less. He's not alone. There are millions who weren't as good as Kobe coming out of high school.

I'm not saying he won't pan out. I'm saying he ain't better than Kobe. Nothing more nothing less. He's not alone. There are millions who weren't as good as Kobe coming out of high school.

 

Kobe passed Wilt for the Pennsylvania school record with 2,883 points in his career. He was nasty.

Kobe passed Wilt for the Pennsylvania school record with 2,883 points in his career. He was nasty.

 

 

Looks like he was pretty good to me.

I'd take Davis over Wig at the same stage. The Brow could impact the game in so many different ways, and Wiggins still has some work to do on the offensive end...

I'd take Davis over Wig at the same stage. The Brow could impact the game in so many different ways, and Wiggins still has some work to do on the offensive end...

....and defensive end.

I'd take Davis over Wig at the same stage. The Brow could impact the game in so many different ways, and Wiggins still has some work to do on the offensive end...

I think Davis gets overlooked because of where he played high school ball. I remember the few times I saw his team play it was obvious how much he was handicapped. I think playing where he did helped make him in to the player he developed in to while in college.

It is really hard to go back and history and compare how good someone was. I can't really go by numbers because they all dominate their competition. Kobe is one of my all time favorites but I honestly do not remember him getting the same amount of hype as Kevin Garnett in looking at a contemporary of his. KG was the #5 pick of his draft, Kobe #13. Jason Kidd was pretty well hyped as well just before them both.

 

Of the more recent guys of which we get to see on a regular basis, James is #1 and it is not even close. I remember ESPN doing a story on him as a sophomore and he met all expectations as the next big thing. Greg Oden was pretty well hyped and I feel like he delivered in his one college season despite battling the hand/wrist injury. Wall was hyped pretty big as well.

I'd take Davis over Wig at the same stage. The Brow could impact the game in so many different ways, and Wiggins still has some work to do on the offensive end...

 

What about Kevin Garnett? I recall that Ron Mercer was named POY in High School but most then felt it was because everyone knew KG was going pro right out of High School.

It is really hard to go back and history and compare how good someone was. I can't really go by numbers because they all dominate their competition. Kobe is one of my all time favorites but I honestly do not remember him getting the same amount of hype as Kevin Garnett in looking at a contemporary of his. KG was the #5 pick of his draft, Kobe #13. Jason Kidd was pretty well hyped as well just before them both.

 

Of the more recent guys of which we get to see on a regular basis, James is #1 and it is not even close. I remember ESPN doing a story on him as a sophomore and he met all expectations as the next big thing. Greg Oden was pretty well hyped and I feel like he delivered in his one college season despite battling the hand/wrist injury. Wall was hyped pretty big as well.

 

Just saw your post also mentioning KG. Sorry to steal your idea Bugatti.

 

Jason Kidd was hyped out of California, particularly after he led his Bears to a win over defending champion Duke.

Of the guys I saw in person at the high school level the only two I'd take over Wig are KD and Davis. If I wasn't positive that Oden was going to break down at an early age, I would add him to the list but he looked like Robert Parish's uncle when he was 19. So, since the 04 class, I'd have Wiggins 3rd on my list...

What about Kevin Garnett? I recall that Ron Mercer was named POY in High School but most then felt it was because everyone knew KG was going pro right out of High School.

 

Didn't see KG in high school, so he's out of my range of expertise... :D

I think Davis gets overlooked because of where he played high school ball. I remember the few times I saw his team play it was obvious how much he was handicapped. I think playing where he did helped make him in to the player he developed in to while in college.

 

Fortunately I got to see Davis on a really good AAU team first, so I knew his skill level and depth of skill ahead of time. He was hard to project if you only saw him on that awful high school team...

So Wigg goes #1, does he have to be Vince Carter to live up to his hype? He doesn't have a Lebron frame and never will.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.