Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does Wiggins compare to previous top-rated players

Featured Replies

  • Author

I only casually follow college basketball, but it seemed to me that there was an extraordinary amount of hype about John Wall during his last year of high school, more so than the other top prospects in recent memory. Was that just over-hype? I am getting the sense here that some other high school players in recent years were better-regarded than Wall.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only casually follow college basketball' date=' but it seemed to me that there was an extraordinary amount of hype about John Wall during his last year of high school, more so than the other top prospects in recent memory. Was that just over-hype? I am getting the sense here that some other high school players in recent years were better-regarded than Wall.[/quote']

 

Basically Wiggins has been the only guy to earn the Since Lebron title. That's the difference.

Basically Wiggins has been the only guy to earn the Since Lebron title. That's the difference.

 

Well actually Jabari Parker earned that title around this time last year, but now everyone forgets about him since Wig came along. I wonder what SI thinks about their cover now considering that they annointed Parker the second coming, only for him to not even be the best player in his class?

Kobe was better. End of story.

 

I know you love Kobe. But there is no comparison who was the better developed or even hyped player after their senior year. Lebron was the #1 pick in a very good draft, Kobe wasn't even top 10. Lebron's rookie year in the NBA vs Kobe's is night and day. Not to mention Lebron also did not play for a basketball academy and led his HS to a #1 ranking.

How good was Sebastian Telfair really in high school? I remember reading about him in my Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine long before he was a senior in HS. I know he probably isn't in the discussion with Wiggins. But how good was he in high school?

 

Could you imagine him as a PG for Calipari? Would he be similar to Brandon Knight?

How good was Sebastian Telfair really in high school? I remember reading about him in my Sports Illustrated for Kids magazine long before he was a senior in HS. I know he probably isn't in the discussion with Wiggins. But how good was he in high school?

 

Could you imagine him as a PG for Calipari? Would he be similar to Brandon Knight?

 

Long line of over hyped NYC guards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.