Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Football Playoffs Survey

Featured Replies

KHSAA has done a survey regarding the Football Playoffs.

Which one would you prefer?

 

Here are your options:

 

1. Keep the 4 team system

2. 3 team system. 1st place team in each district gets a bye.

3. 2 team system.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it the way it is. I coach in Indiana now and I'm not a fan of our playoff system. Everybody gets in and its a blind draw. I also dislike the whole conference schedule that we have

Time to open this can-of-worms.gif again...jeez :deadhorse: :popcorn:

KHSAA has done a survey regarding the Football Playoffs.

Which one would you prefer?

 

Here are your options:

 

1. Keep the 4 team system

2. 3 team system. 1st place team in each district gets a bye.

3. 2 team system.

4 team playoff system.

 

The reason I don't like any of the other choices is there may be a very good team left out. Yes I know there will be all the folks out there saying that leaving off a couple really good teams is much better than allowing all the bad teams. But the way the current tie breaker works for district tie breakers it screws up how the actual teams should be ranked or seeded.

 

If many had their way last year, Cooper would of been left out if only a 2 team system. All they did was go 9-1 in the regular season (better record than the #1 and #2 seeds in that district). Same thing could happen with only a 3 team system. If there are 3 teams tied in district with only 1 district loss but another team that has 2 district losses but a better overall record could be left out.

 

I never truly understood why this has always been a big concern in football. The other sports allows every team to make the playoffs by having district tournaments etc.

 

I don't think the number of teams getting in is the problem more so than the way they do the playoffs.

Why not have a district playoff for each district with the top 4 teams and then you will have a district playoff champion after 2 weeks and move on to regional playoffs from there?

I would much rather see the KHSAA address the number of classifications instead of the number of teams from each district that make the playoffs.

 

I would like to see the 16 largest teams in 4A, the 16 smallest in 1A, and the rest in 2A and 3A.

I would much rather see the KHSAA address the number of classifications instead of the number of teams from each district that make the playoffs.

 

I would like to see the 16 largest teams in 4A, the 16 smallest in 1A, and the rest in 2A and 3A.

32 or so teams in each of 6 classes now for around 192 teams playing football. That would leave:

Class A with 16 teams

Class AA with about 75

Class AAA with about 75

Class AAAA with 16

 

If going to 4 classes I would keep A and AAAA at least 32 teams.

4 team playoff system.

 

The reason I don't like any of the other choices is there may be a very good team left out. Yes I know there will be all the folks out there saying that leaving off a couple really good teams is much better than allowing all the bad teams. But the way the current tie breaker works for district tie breakers it screws up how the actual teams should be ranked or seeded.

 

If many had their way last year, Cooper would of been left out if only a 2 team system. All they did was go 9-1 in the regular season (better record than the #1 and #2 seeds in that district). Same thing could happen with only a 3 team system. If there are 3 teams tied in district with only 1 district loss but another team that has 2 district losses but a better overall record could be left out.

 

I never truly understood why this has always been a big concern in football. The other sports allows every team to make the playoffs by having district tournaments etc.

 

I don't think the number of teams getting in is the problem more so than the way they do the playoffs.

Why not have a district playoff for each district with the top 4 teams and then you will have a district playoff champion after 2 weeks and move on to regional playoffs from there?

EXACTLY!!!

My biggest complaint is 0-10 teams making the playoffs. I've got no problem with 4 teams making it as long as the 4th. team is deserving. Why reward a team that could not win a game? Kinda like that funny NCAA basketball commercial where everyone is in.

  • Author
Time to open this can-of-worms.gif again...jeez :deadhorse: :popcorn:

 

I love how you have gif's on beating a dead horse, but then comment. These are topics we need on here.

  • Author
I would much rather see the KHSAA address the number of classifications instead of the number of teams from each district that make the playoffs.

 

I would like to see the 16 largest teams in 4A, the 16 smallest in 1A, and the rest in 2A and 3A.

 

Now that is a good answer! :thumb:

If going to 4 classes I would keep A and AAAA at least 32 teams.

 

16 or 32 works for me but I prefer 16 in the top and bottom classes.

  • Author
32 or so teams in each of 6 classes now for around 192 teams playing football. That would leave:

Class A with 16 teams

Class AA with about 75

Class AAA with about 75

Class AAAA with 16

 

OK.

3-A and 2-A will definetly be the hardest classes to win a title. So if ANYONE says 1-A or 4-A are the hardest classes to win a title, then they are outside their minds.

 

What if we have 5 classes

 

5-A: 16

4-A: 50+

3-A: 50+

2-A: 50+

1-A: 16

I love how you have gif's on beating a dead horse, but then comment. These are topics we need on here.

Yeah just though it was funny that this subject is up again. It has been beat to death, but that didn't stop me from giving my 2 cents.

 

If you looked you would have found that this topic is already deep in the football thread probably many times.

32 or so teams in each of 6 classes now for around 192 teams playing football. That would leave:

Class A with 16 teams

Class AA with about 75

Class AAA with about 75

Class AAAA with 16

 

If going to 4 classes I would keep A and AAAA at least 32 teams.

 

There are actually around 220 teams playing football in Kentucky. There are 32 teams in 1A and 6A, but 2A-5A each have around 40 teams in them. Under your proposed system, it would be:

 

Class A - 16 teams

Class AA - 95 teams

Class AAA - 95 teams

Class AAAA - 16 teams

 

Class AA and AAA would require 11-12 teams per district (if you kept the same 8-district setup), and that wouldn't per possible with a 10 game season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.