Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When was the last time you served at Mass?

Featured Replies

  • Author
8th grade for father Krebs. Loved the money for doing weddings and funerals.

I also read about half of the children's masses from 6th-8th grade. I missed a lot of my first period class!

 

As a student at St. Anthony's back in the 70's I always thought he was the tallest man alive, his presence alone was enough to put you on the "straight and narrow"!!! :eyeonyou:

 

I also did alot of funerals back in the day, missing a class or two and earning a "10 spot" was like hitting the lottery for kid back then. :up:

I served at the "other" St. Anthony's in Taylor Mill a couple years ago. We have a once a year Mass on a Saturday in December at 6:15 a.m. for the Men's Group. You can't pay a kid enough to wake up to serve that! That left me to step up. It was pretty fun (except the part of being on my knees without a pew or kneeler)! Somebody joked that they heard my knees crack.

Back in the fifties. Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.

 

What a great line. We really ought to bring that one back, even in English.

I will go unto the Alter of God The God who gave ( Gives ?) joy to my youth

 

Present tense. In translation, I always thought "giveth" sounded best.

This question is for all the BGP catholics out there. This evening at 5:30 mass at Divine Mercy in Bellevue, as I entered church Fr. Prasad asked me if my daughters were with me, since all three of my girls regularly serve at 5:30 mass. I responded "no, they were going in the morning with my wife". He comes back saying that the servers scheduled were "no shows" and as I looked around the church I noticed that there were no children in attendence. I said, "no problem I can handle it. I promptly went back and "donned" the sacred gear and preformed like a champ. :ylsuper:

 

This was the 1st time I had served in 10 years, as I served the final mass ever at St. Anthony's Church in Bellevue back in July of 2003. Before that I served all through high school.

 

So to all my good catholic BGP'ers....When was the last time you served at Mass?

Last time I served was in 1978

 

Don't think I could do it anymore lol, forgot too much

I never did serve growing up. My older brother did but for some reason my mom never made me. However, at my wedding and at a friend's wedding I was a Eucharistic Minister. I highly recommend being a Eucharistic Minister for your own wedding.

Serving 6:15 AM Mass at St. Stephen's on a school day for Father Bradley (who rode a motorcycle) then walking to Manyets bakery to get breakfast before school.

 

That was cool! (or so I thought.....)

I was able to serve the funeral of a good friend's father a few years ago. There were 7 guys from our crowd of friends - all in our late 20's at the time - who ended up serving the funeral mass. It was very cool. 4 acolytes with candles, 2 thurifers, and the cross-bearer. My buddy's dad would have liked it, no doubt.

  • Author
Serving 6:15 AM Mass at St. Stephen's on a school day for Father Bradley (who rode a motorcycle) then walking to Manyets bakery to get breakfast before school.

 

That was cool! (or so I thought.....)

 

Sophomore religion class at NewCath was a "nightmare" with Fr. Bradley. :eek:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.