Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 78 Iowa State 75

Featured Replies

Craft is TOUGH!!!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to find any faults with the kid. HS valedictorian and sports star, pre-med student at OSU.

 

And that shot was money.

Hard to find any faults with the kid. HS valedictorian and sports star, pre-med student at OSU.

 

And that shot was money.

 

Bruce Pearl would probably disagree...

Officials cost Iowa State the game...

How?

 

Another terrible charge call that wiped a late basket off that would have given Iowa St. a 3 point lead and a FT.

 

Have I mentioned that the charge call is out of control in college basketball?

Another terrible charge call that wiped a late basket off that would have given Iowa St. a 3 point lead and a FT.

 

Have I mentioned that the charge call is out of control in college basketball?

 

I thought it was bad before the "restricted line" was put in place. Now its as if the thought process is if the defender is outside of the restricted area then it is without a doubt a charge. Being set doesn't matter anymore.

 

If you go back and look at that play I thought the shooter was fouled by Thomas before the charge happened.

  • Author
I thought it was bad before the "restricted line" was put in place. Now its as if the thought process is if the defender is outside of the restricted area then it is without a doubt a charge. Being set doesn't matter anymore.

 

If you go back and look at that play I thought the shooter was fouled by Thomas before the charge happened.

 

 

I agree on all points.

He was still moving and his foot was clearly hovering over the line for the restricted area. Terrible call.

I thought it was bad before the "restricted line" was put in place. Now its as if the thought process is if the defender is outside of the restricted area then it is without a doubt a charge. Being set doesn't matter anymore.

 

If you go back and look at that play I thought the shooter was fouled by Thomas before the charge happened.

 

I agree. The restricted area has made the problem worse than it was before. I think they should train the officials to call a block on anything that is close, plus move the line further out, maybe that would help to clean it up. They could also call a few technicals for flopping.

He was still moving and his foot was clearly hovering over the line for the restricted area. Terrible call.

 

The only valid complaint is in regards to him being there in time. It was really close. I'm not going to bang an official who is trying to watch a bunch of things AND try to determine if his heel was barely OVER (ie not touching) the restricted line.

Video of the play. Really close. I think by rule (disregarding the restricted area issue) he got it right even though we often see it a block.

 

Rule says defender has to be in place BEFORE the shooter goes airborne. Very close but I think he was.

 

I'm giving a pass on the debate of "over" the arc or not. Impossible to tell while watching everything in real-time.

 

Edited by Clyde

What I would argue if I was an ISU fan is that Thomas (#1) fouled him from the side before he charged.

What I would argue if I was an ISU fan is that Thomas (#1) fouled him from the side before he charged.

 

This.

 

I definitely thought Thomas made enough contact for there to be a foul. It was clear to me that Thomas's contact guided the shooter into Craft. Craft had decent position, but I thought he was there late.

Video of the play. Really close. I think by rule (disregarding the restricted area issue) he got it right even though we often see it a block.

 

Rule says defender has to be in place BEFORE the shooter goes airborne. Very close but I think he was.

 

I'm giving a pass on the debate of "over" the arc or not. Impossible to tell while watching everything in real-time.

 

 

The head of the NCAA officials said that because his heel was not down that technically he was not in proper guarding position so the call should have been a block. He said this on CBS after the game. I thinbk that was a bad call but if Iowa had not missed I think 3 straight front ends i nthe last 4 minutes it pobably wouldn't have mattered anyway. I always feel you got to try to takecare of business and not put yourself in a position where a call by a human being decides a game. Becuase humans are going to make mistakes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.