Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross job?

Featured Replies

Any ideas on who might coach next?

 

I kind of think Holy Cross should look at Sam Elsbernd. Assistant at Scott former assistant at Holmes on the state title team. Grew up in Covington, went to HC feeder school St. Augustine so knows the system. Family went to HC. Young energetic coach with fresh ideas who has been groomed by two good head coaches . He also knows and grew up with a lot of former HC players. Could be the change HC needs. Any thoughts?

  • Replies 111
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam's a good dude. I'd pass though. I think you will get better options.

  • Author
Sam's a good dude. I'd pass though. I think you will get better options.

 

I think its time HC looks outside. Fresh face fresh ideas. I think he is worth an interview. Throwing out new ideas. Public school head coaches are not coming to HC for the pay.

Joe Goodenough ??? Current Assistant at St. Henry under Faust and HC grad.

  • Author

But Clyde who do you think are options. I was just brainstorming.

How about Pat Ryan. Loved him as a coach. Current baseball coach (don't know if that is too much conflict). Holy Cross and NKU ties.

Sam doesn't have his teaching degree yet...not an option. And I'm with Clyde on passing despite him being a great guy.

Jimmy Ryan - teaching in the building already

Dan Trame- Could he return?

How about Mike Listerman? Wouldn't that be something to see a former CCH head coach and Holmes assistant take the position. He is obviously a proven winner in said 35th district.

I think its time HC looks outside. Fresh face fresh ideas. I think he is worth an interview. Throwing out new ideas. Public school head coaches are not coming to HC for the pay.

 

Agree on the challenge of getting public school coaches.

 

My guess is HC wants a teacher. Sam doesn't teach, correct?

Joe Goodenough ??? Current Assistant at St. Henry under Faust and HC grad.

 

Solid call, Q. Pretty sure he went to HC.

But Clyde who do you think are options. I was just brainstorming.

 

Catholic schools are always tough. And being open and honest, HC is even tougher. Pay is always going to be an issue. You need someone who is already in the Catholic school system to avoid "pay stub shock."

 

Will HC give the position to a non-teacher? If so, then I'd check with Joe G(as mentioned earlier). I'd check with Matt Otte or Tony B at CCH. Pat Ryan would be a good call.

Jimmy Ryan - teaching in the building already

Dan Trame- Could he return?

 

Has Jimmy coached any ball besides frosh? Was he a head coach?

 

Dan Trame returning would be interesting.

How about Mike Listerman? Wouldn't that be something to see a former CCH head coach and Holmes assistant take the position. He is obviously a proven winner in said 35th district.

 

Another good call.

How about Mike Listerman? Wouldn't that be something to see a former CCH head coach and Holmes assistant take the position. He is obviously a proven winner in said 35th district.

 

I wonder if a coach at this stage of his career would sacrifice the public school pension to return to a parochial school job. I could be wrong, but a fair number of folks thought that that was part of Coach Listerman's decision to move to Holmes in the first place.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.