Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK showing interest in James Bolden

Featured Replies

  • Author
Cool! Send it my way :thumb:

 

Sent...thanks in advance for posting it on your site.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolden will definitely be the best player in the state in 2015! No question! But if he doesn't get to 6'2" he won't be big time D1. He will play mid-major. Needs to gain weight as well.

From another thread:

 

 

How bad was UK's point guard play this year? Calipari told Holmes coach Jason Booher after watching James Bolden play against Madison Central in the Sweet 16, that Bolden was "right now, better than any point guard that I have". Bolden is only a sophomore in high school. Cal knew this team was on borrowed time.

 

Bolden will definitely be the best player in the state in 2015! No question! But if he doesn't get to 6'2" he won't be big time D1. He will play mid-major. Needs to gain weight as well.

 

I disagree, he has a D-1 skillset. Needs to work more on going right and gain weight, but if he doesn't get to 6-2, it won't matter. He will be D-1 as long as he continues to work.

I disagree, he has a D-1 skillset. Needs to work more on going right and gain weight, but if he doesn't get to 6-2, it won't matter. He will be D-1 as long as he continues to work.

 

Yogi Ferrell is listed at 5'11 which means he's 5'10.

  • Author
Bolden will definitely be the best player in the state in 2015! No question! But if he doesn't get to 6'2" he won't be big time D1. He will play mid-major. Needs to gain weight as well.

 

He is a priority for UK in 2015...I'll trust Cal's evaluation over yours.

  • Author
From another thread:

 

Knew about that after that game but didn't want to post it as James doesn't like a lot of attention.

Knew about that after that game but didn't want to post it as James doesn't like a lot of attention.

 

I can promise you he is not their priority. They are working on a PG from Brooklyn who is suppose to be the next Chris Paul!! I have very good inside info for a sports beat writer who cover UK 24/7. However, Bolden could play the 2. Very promising player and works his tail off. I wish the best and love to hear kids form Kentucky, especially NKY, with the possibility of playing for the CATS.

He is a priority for UK in 2015...I'll trust Cal's evaluation over yours.

 

He doesn't have the size right now to run the point or be the 2 for Cal.

  • Author
He doesn't have the size right now to run the point or be the 2 for Cal.

 

The kid is a sophomore. Give it time. I never said he could play there right now...but as LABS said, Cal thinks he could play there right now. Again, I trust his evaluation over yours.

If I were advising James I would be very interested in hearing Cal's committment to James earning a degree.

 

I love the CATS but Xavier's academic record is hard to beat. Since 1985, every men’s basketball player who has played as a senior has left with a diploma.

If I were advising James I would be very interested in hearing Cal's committment to James earning a degree.

 

I love the CATS but Xavier's academic record is hard to beat. Since 1985, every men’s basketball player who has played as a senior has left with a diploma.

 

That's laughable to many kids these days. EVERY recruit that Cal has had has been drafted into the NBA. Ask them what matters most.

I love watching Bolden play, he is the most exciting player I have seen in quite sometime at the high school level...he reminds me of Brandon Jennings and Rondo...he still has work to do obviously as he is only a sophomore but from what I hear he's a great kid and a hard worker...I would put money that he will be one of UKs top priorities at pg when the time gets closer...I've been wondering for a while now if he's any relation to Chris "James" Bolden the guard for g-tech, does anyone happen to know?

  • Author

Not related to Chris Bolden.

 

Correct on the hard worker and good kid. A lot of people don't know this but James actually drew a picture of John Wall at UK that made it in to sports illustrated.

Not related to Chris Bolden.

 

Correct on the hard worker and good kid. A lot of people don't know this but James actually drew a picture of John Wall at UK that made it in to sports illustrated.

 

Hmmmm so he's a bit of a UK fan huh, I like it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.