Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK showing interest in James Bolden

Featured Replies

John Calipari was in Rupp Arena on Friday to get another look at Dominique Hawkins, but Holmes point guard James “Beetle” Bolden surely caught his eye.

 

Bolden, a 5-foot-11 sophomore, had 29 points, 13 rebounds and made five of nine three-point attempts in Holmes’ 65-61 loss to Madison Central in the Sweet Sixteen quarterfinals.

 

Bolden again wowed the Rupp crowd......

 

2015 guard Bolden impresses in Sweet Sixteen loss » UK basketball recruiting news

 

And then this from KSR:

 

....... But Dominique Hawkins wasn’t the only one who caught the eye of the UK staff during the Sweet 16. A source tells KSR that Orlando Antigua called the home of Holmes Sophomore guard James Bolden, talked to a family member of his, and expressed Kentucky’s interest after Bolden recorded 29 points and 13 rebounds in an overtime loss to Hawkins and Madison Central. Calipari and Antigua both were outside of the Holmes locker room following the loss in Friday’s quarterfinals and talked with Holmes head coach Jason Booher about their interest in Bolden, who has already been offered a scholarship at Xavier and drawn interest from Cincinnati and Purdue.

 

Dominique Hawkins stole the show at this year’s Sweet 16, but James Bolden and Holmes are likely to be in the spotlight in these next few years. Bolden (like Hawkins) has also referred to Kentucky as his “dream school”.

 

Kentucky Sports Radio » Blog Archive » More UK Fans of the Day Want Updates on In-State Basketball Prospects

  • Replies 34
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great stuff. Thanks for posting Walter. Nice to see Ky high school players getting some much deserved recognition.

  • Author

Even though I'm a UC fan, I could honestly care less where James ends up. I really want to see him succeed as he is a high character kid and has worked hard to get to where he is now. If UK is his dream school, I hope he is able to make his dream come true by earning a scholarship offer sometime in the next two years.

 

Coach Booher has done a great job developing him these past two years at the varsity level and does a great job in general at Holmes. Bolden couldn't ask for a better coaching staff to help him progress and get to where he wants to be.

Awesome news. I hope he continues to work on his game and hit the weight room. Best of luck Beetle.

  • Author
Awesome news. I hope he continues to work on his game and hit the weight room. Best of luck Beetle.

 

I talked to him recently and all the success and attention has done is make him want to get in the gym and start working even harder. Kid has a great work ethic.

Unflappable.

 

I made this comparison before, but he's got a Rondo type build. Rondo is a little taller, but he has those long arms and big hands making him taller that 5'10.

This kid can play. Was exciting to watch this past week. Good news is we get two more years of watching him. I hope UK offers him.

Unflappable.

 

I made this comparison before, but he's got a Rondo type build. Rondo is a little taller, but he has those long arms and big hands making him taller that 5'10.

 

With you here, Mex. Hopefully he can get to about 6'1 - 6'2 because he will add weight. Could you imagine the coaching carnival he would create at 6'2 with his skill set? Wow. I'd go to games just to see the coaches.

With you here, Mex. Hopefully he can get to about 6'1 - 6'2 because he will add weight. Could you imagine the coaching carnival he would create at 6'2 with his skill set? Wow. I'd go to games just to see the coaches.

 

That post reminded me of a funny story. A friend of mine's son was a high level player who went on to play D1 basketball. He was playing with his AAU team in a big tournament that had all the name coaches attending. He was standing with his Mom at the arena watching a game when a gentleman walked by and said hello to his Mom and she said good to see you again. The guy walks away and the kid looks at his Mom, mouth wide open, stunned. She says,"What?" The kid says, Mom, that was Tom Izzo!" Now she is the one with her mouth open and stunned. She had no clue that the guy she had a big conversation with at the hotel that morning was Tom Izzo.

^ Thank you for the likes on that post. Those three likes pushed me into the 1,000 likes club on BGP. :thumb:

According to Holmes head coach Jason Booher, he has spoken to coaches from Kentucky several times about sophomore point guard star James "Beetle" Bolden.

 

 

"I have talked to the UK staff a couple of times since state tournament in regards to Beetle," Booher said tonight. "Xavier, Cincinnati, Butler, Purdue and Alabama are others who have contacted me, as well."

 

Booher confirmed that Xavier has already extended an offer to the Bolden, who led Holmes to the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen Tournament in Rupp Arena.

 

At the state tournament, Holmes defeated PRP in the first round before falling in overtime to eventual champion Madison Central in the quarterfinals. Bolden was one of 14 players named to the All-Tournament Team.

 

Bolden averaged 18.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.8 steals per game this season for the Bulldogs, who finished 32-3.

 

Kentucky Has Called About James "Beetle" Bolden | AllKyHoops.com

 

"I have talked to the UK staff a couple of times since state tournament in regards to Beetle," Booher said tonight. "Xavier, Cincinnati, Butler, Purdue and Alabama

 

I'm sure Grant Brannen called his bro John (Bama asst coach) after watching Beetle go off in the 4th qtr against NC at Holmes.

  • Author
According to Holmes head coach Jason Booher, he has spoken to coaches from Kentucky several times about sophomore point guard star James "Beetle" Bolden.

 

 

"I have talked to the UK staff a couple of times since state tournament in regards to Beetle," Booher said tonight. "Xavier, Cincinnati, Butler, Purdue and Alabama are others who have contacted me, as well."

 

Booher confirmed that Xavier has already extended an offer to the Bolden, who led Holmes to the KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen Tournament in Rupp Arena.

 

At the state tournament, Holmes defeated PRP in the first round before falling in overtime to eventual champion Madison Central in the quarterfinals. Bolden was one of 14 players named to the All-Tournament Team.

 

Bolden averaged 18.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.8 steals per game this season for the Bulldogs, who finished 32-3.

 

Kentucky Has Called About James "Beetle" Bolden | AllKyHoops.com

 

Good stuff, Wireman.

 

I finished Bolden's sophomore highlight mix last night. When I get it uploaded I'll send it to you on twitter. Should be sometime this afternoon.

Good stuff, Wireman.

 

I finished Bolden's sophomore highlight mix last night. When I get it uploaded I'll send it to you on twitter. Should be sometime this afternoon.

 

Cool! Send it my way :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.