Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tourney Question

Featured Replies

I don't follow boys hs basketball as much as I follow the girls. With that being said, I just logged on the see you won today and who was playing tonight and I saw that the championship game was being played on Sunday. When did that happen and why?

 

Thank you

It was decided a while ago. You live in this state? UK had a reletively big game at rupp this afternoon.

  • Author
You live in this state?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As you know, the Boys' Sweet 16 usually occurs the week after the Girls' Sweet 16 does, but this year that week coincides with second and third round NCAA tournament games being played at Rupp, so the state knew this several years in advance and moved the boys to this week. UK in its infinite wisdom scheduled their last home game the day the final four and championship games would be played so it was decided earlier this year that they would have the final four games this evening and the championship game played the following afternoon. There have been some mixed reviews, but for the most part it seems that people like this idea, but I have not heard that it is or is not being made a permanent thing. We shall see.

I would say the people have spoken. Announced crowd tonight was just over 20,000. KHSAA will definitely like that. 3rd highest attendance ever for the semi-finals.

I would say the people have spoken. Announced crowd tonight was just over 20,000. KHSAA will definitely like that. 3rd highest attendance ever for the semi-finals.

 

Madison central and Montgomery had a lot to do with that.

I love the semis tonight and the finals tomorrow afternoon. I know circumstances dictated it to be that way but I hope they make it permanent. The semis deserve their own day IMO.

I don't get why Kentucky had to schedule Florida for today instead of the traditional Sunday game like they've always done in the past. Does anyone know how it's gonna be ran next year or has KHSAA even came to a conclussion about it?

I am pretty sure the SEC scheduled the game, not UK. Someone correct me of I am wrong. I don't recall many SEC games on Sunday this year.

Maybe they will change the football state championships to Saturday and Sunday.

I am pretty sure the SEC scheduled the game, not UK. Someone correct me of I am wrong. I don't recall many SEC games on Sunday this year.

 

Purely speculation on my part, but I would guess CBS had as much to do with what day and what time this game was played as anyone.

I would say the people have spoken. Announced crowd tonight was just over 20,000. KHSAA will definitely like that. 3rd highest attendance ever for the semi-finals.

 

That's big and money talks. Not sure what this will do to the format in future years, I'll be interested in hearing what the crowd and atmosphere are like tomorrow afternoon for the finals.

Obviously, having a pair of nearby teams from the 10th and 11th regions helped attendance, but as I mentioned to more than a couple folks tonight, the fact that folks were able to watch the semifinals in general was huge. All too often, people skip the SFs because of the 10am start time, which leads to poor attendance for that session.

 

As long as I've been going to the SW16, I've found the Saturday morning SFs to be the highlight of the week. Almost always, those SF games are fantastic and the finals regularly tends to be a dud. The tight turnaround from SFs to finals undoubtedly has a lot to do with it, as players are almost never at their sharpest.

 

Seeing people up in the upper corners and end zones packing Rupp was fantastic, and certainly played a part in tonight's high drama. Count me as a supporter of playing the SFs and finals over two days. Before this weekend, I didn't want it to change because I always felt like the SFs were our own little secret between myself and everyone else who knows what's up. Now I realize it needed to be shared.

  • Author
As you know, the Boys' Sweet 16 usually occurs the week after the Girls' Sweet 16 does, but this year that week coincides with second and third round NCAA tournament games being played at Rupp, so the state knew this several years in advance and moved the boys to this week. UK in its infinite wisdom scheduled their last home game the day the final four and championship games would be played so it was decided earlier this year that they would have the final four games this evening and the championship game played the following afternoon. There have been some mixed reviews, but for the most part it seems that people like this idea, but I have not heard that it is or is not being made a permanent thing. We shall see.
Thank you
Obviously, having a pair of nearby teams from the 10th and 11th regions helped attendance, but as I mentioned to more than a couple folks tonight, the fact that folks were able to watch the semifinals in general was huge. All too often, people skip the SFs because of the 10am start time, which leads to poor attendance for that session.

 

As long as I've been going to the SW16, I've found the Saturday morning SFs to be the highlight of the week. Almost always, those SF games are fantastic and the finals regularly tends to be a dud. The tight turnaround from SFs to finals undoubtedly has a lot to do with it, as players are almost never at their sharpest.

 

Seeing people up in the upper corners and end zones packing Rupp was fantastic, and certainly played a part in tonight's high drama. Count me as a supporter of playing the SFs and finals over two days. Before this weekend, I didn't want it to change because I always felt like the SFs were our own little secret between myself and everyone else who knows what's up. Now I realize it needed to be shared.

 

Nicely stated Jim!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.