Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tourney: Holmes vs Madison Central Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Could a mod add a poll? Thanks

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that Mad. Cen. starts 5 seniors, at least that's what I recall reading in the paper this morning. That's a lot of experience to overcome.

I didn't realize that Mad. Cen. starts 5 seniors, at least that's what I recall reading in the paper this morning. That's a lot of experience to overcome.

 

Holmes runs three seniors out there, they will be just fine...you don't go all season losing only 2 games and being within a couple shots of an undefeated season without being a well oiled team that meshes and knows how to play together...

I agree it is unlikley, however if Bolden gets in foul trouble and either misses huge portions of the game or fouls out early in the fourth.. it could happen. MC is a very athletic team with multiple scoring options. When CovCath played MC I was really impressed by the shooting of Mr. Bosley. If he shoots it like he did that game I could definitely see them winning by double digits.

 

Rooting for Holmes, and if they shoot well they definitely could win this one. If I were the odds makers I would put MC as 5 1/2 point favorite.

 

Bosleys shot didn't impress me yesterday but that was my first time seeing Madison...he seems like more of a blow by threat than a shooting threat...actually outside of Hawkins Madison seemed to lack outside shooting

  • Author

Who will draw the defensive assignment against Hawkins for Holmes?

Who will draw the defensive assignment against Hawkins for Holmes?

 

My guess is Englemon or Coston. MC basically runs a 4 guard lineup out with Taylor at the 4/5 so I'd expect to see both Coston and Englemon check him. Englemon is strongest kid on the team so my guess is him but Booher may want to try to preserve him to avoid foul trouble and keep him off the perimeter.

Madison Central by at least 10! PRP didn't guard Coston #5? He sat out on the wing and had a field day shooting 3's wide open. Mad Central will shut that down and guard a very good Bolden and win pretty easy. Central is in a different league. They have 3 first team all staters in my opinion plus 2 very savy senior roll players.. Again too much Hawkins and Bosley.

  • Author
Madison Central by at least 10! PRP didn't guard Coston #5? He sat out on the wing and had a field day shooting 3's wide open. Mad Central will shut that down and guard a very good Bolden and win pretty easy. Central is in a different league. They have 3 first team all staters in my opinion plus 2 very savy senior roll players.. Again too much Hawkins and Bosley.

 

 

This happened because the ran two at Bolden.... If MC can guard Bolden one on one and not get beat consistently then you may be right. I just don't think there are many people that have done that all season....

  • Author
My guess is Englemon or Coston. MC basically runs a 4 guard lineup out with Taylor at the 4/5 so I'd expect to see both Coston and Englemon check him. Englemon is strongest kid on the team so my guess is him but Booher may want to try to preserve him to avoid foul trouble and keep him off the perimeter.

 

I understand the logic but can't see Booher sending his windex man out on the outside... My first thought was Coston, he seems to be, by far, the strongest of Holmes guards.

This happened because the ran two at Bolden.... If MC can guard Bolden one on one and not get beat consistently then you may be right. I just don't think there are many people that have done that all season....

 

I know Bolden is a wonderfull player, but he is a sophomore. I would much rather have Hawkins or Bosley right now. In 2 years he will be in that caliber.

  • Author
I know Bolden is a wonderfull player, but he is a sophomore. I would much rather have Hawkins or Bosley right now. In 2 years he will be in that caliber.

 

I think you're underestimating him. But to each their own...

 

By the way, in no way am I insinuating a Holmes win, I just think in terms of DI ability, they're on equal level... I don't think grade has much to do with it....

I think you're underestimating him. But to each their own...

 

By the way, in no way am I insinuating a Holmes win, I just think in terms of DI ability, they're on equal level... I don't think grade has much to do with it....

 

Where is the recruiting/offers with respect to Hawkins at this point? Other than UK being "interested" who else has offered him, and what are the possibilities as we look at it today? We know Xavier has offered Bolden, and Cincinnati has shown a lot of interest, so a couple of Top 20 D-1s for Bolden. Not being argumentative here, but asking... is there that kind of interest in Hawkins?

  • Author
Where is the recruiting/offers with respect to Hawkins at this point? Other than UK being "interested" who else has offered him, and what are the possibilities as we look at it today? We know Xavier has offered Bolden, and Cincinnati has shown a lot of interest, so a couple of Top 20 D-1s for Bolden. Not being argumentative here, but asking... is there that kind of interest in Hawkins?

 

You can add Purdue to the list for Bolden. I know they've been to see him a few times as well...

 

As far as Hawkins, I'm not as familiar, but from what I've heard, it's offers from a lot of the local mid majors (Morehead, Western, etc.) with "interest" but no offers from some SEC schools (Alabama, Tennessee, UK)....

 

Now, if Hawkins blows up the state tourney here in the next four days, expect an offer... Just ask Anthony Hickey....

You can add Purdue to the list for Bolden. I know they've been to see him a few times as well...

 

As far as Hawkins, I'm not as familiar, but from what I've heard, it's offers from a lot of the local mid majors (Morehead, Western, etc.) with "interest" but no offers from some SEC schools (Alabama, Tennessee, UK)....

 

Now, if Hawkins blows up the state tourney here in the next four days, expect an offer... Just ask Anthony Hickey....

 

So, if Hawkins blows up in this tourney, then his recruiting will be of the caliber of Bolden's?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.