Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tourney: Holmes vs Madison Central Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Might as well go ahead and get it started... Can Holmes upset the co-favorites?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game for awhile but I just think Madison Central has too much.

Holmes can win. I'd like to see them pull it out.

Holmes matches up much better with MC than PRP.

 

I think Holmes can win but they will have to shoot well from outside like they did in the first round.

 

The thing Holmes has going for them is not only do they have more size, but they are just as athletic, if not more athletic than MC...outside of maybe Taylor and Hawkins. I think Englemon is the X factor as he can really be a problem at the 4.

 

What makes MC tough is not only are they fast, they are also probably one of the most physically strong teams in the state.

 

Should be a good one. I'm taking the homer pick and going with Holmes by 3 on late second ft's but I THINK MC winning by around 7 sounds a little more correct.

 

Watching Hawkings defend Bolden should be fun. If Bolden can get him in foul trouble, Holmes has more than a legit chance to win. Coston will have his hands full with Hawkins at the other end.

Comparing scores is a terrible way to predict a winner or how a game is going to go, but just for fun:

 

Madison Central 72 Clark Co 41

Holmes 43 Clark Co 26

 

Madison Central 66 Conner 51

Holmes 79 Conner 43

 

Madison Central 72 Holy Cross 53

Holmes 68 Holy Cross 65 (blew 25 pt halftime lead)

 

Madison Central 55 Lincoln Co 46

Holmes 50 Lincoln Co 38

Holmes 46 Lincoln Co 29

 

Madison Central 78 Covcath 58

Holmes 72 Covcath 61

Covcath 73 Holmes 72

Holmes 62 Covcath 60

You had a great year Holmes! Can't wait to watch Bolden for two more years!

Hey the bulldawgs been underrated all year they wasnt even suppose to make it down state and they did they was picked to finish 4th in the 9th region so let us be the underdog I say the bulldawgs come out play a nice game and take it to them and they win 72 to 68 beetle and them will run and pressure them

This game should be a dandy. Agree with Walter on MC being one of the most physically strong teams in the state. This I feel is what may get Holmes. We will see.

As I said in the game thread of PRP and Holmes. Holmes will have to shoot well from outside but they won't in my opinion have the open looks like Holmes does against other teams that try to double up Bolden as Hawkins I think will be able to stay with and sort a contain Bolden so Coston and Palmer will have to shoot with hands in their faces. Englemon I agree will have to be the man and he and the other big men from Holmes will have to step up big time for the Dawgs to win.

 

How the game is called (close or let them play) also will determine who wins as I think Holmes has less depth than MC but either way I have to say if Holmes wins (and I am rooting for them) it will be a mild upset, but if they do they will be in the finals on Sunday.

 

Good luck guys!

.my personal opinion is that Madison has better guard play than prp but prp has much more size and killer athleticism...IMO the Madison game should be an easier game if their is such a game for Holmes...Madison has one really athletic big guy but they don't feed the post so Chames and engelmon should be able to escape foul trouble and I could see Madison's big guy getting in foul trouble trying to rebound over Chames and engelmon...engelmon gets up higher than anyone I have ever seen for his size...Madison also seemed to lack depth...

Madison Central by 15+....won't be Bolden's last game in the Sweet 16 though, so fret not young Bulldogs.

 

You're crazy if you think they beat Holmes by 15+.,

 

Lunch is on me after the game if that happens. There isn't a team in the state that would beat Holmes by 15+ right now.

What time is tip off?

 

Noon

You're crazy if you think they beat Holmes by 15+.,

 

Lunch is on me after the game if that happens. There isn't a team in the state that would beat Holmes by 15+ right now.

I agree it is unlikley, however if Bolden gets in foul trouble and either misses huge portions of the game or fouls out early in the fourth.. it could happen. MC is a very athletic team with multiple scoring options. When CovCath played MC I was really impressed by the shooting of Mr. Bosley. If he shoots it like he did that game I could definitely see them winning by double digits.

 

Rooting for Holmes, and if they shoot well they definitely could win this one. If I were the odds makers I would put MC as 5 1/2 point favorite.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.