Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tourney: Holmes vs Madison Central Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The better coaching staff wins again. Holmes by 3.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I keep hearing how Hawkins is so much better than Bolden from folks on here,
Maybe there's a reason you keep hearing that ? As far as the D1 coaches , I am a little confused, who on Bolden's list do you think trumps those on Hawkin's list ? So far you've mentioned Xavier. Xavier over UK, U of L ?:idunno:
LOL. What? I keep hearing how Hawkins is so much better than Bolden from folks on here, but that doesn't seem to be what DI college coaches think.

Maybe there's a reason you keep hearing that ? As far as the D1 coaches , I am a little confused, who on Bolden's list do you think trumps those on Hawkin's list ? So far you've mentioned Xavier. Xavier over UK, U of L ?:idunno:

Bulldogs show they are one of the best with a 7 or victory. HEART...Will make them win.

Madison Central by 15+....won't be Bolden's last game in the Sweet 16 though, so fret not young Bulldogs.

 

No way this is a 15+ game...3 seniors start????? Get Some !!! Young Bulldogs, lol

This I am picking the upset..................68-64 Holmes

Let's go Holmes!

Maybe there's a reason you keep hearing that ? As far as the D1 coaches , I am a little confused, who on Bolden's list do you think trumps those on Hawkin's list ? So far you've mentioned Xavier. Xavier over UK, U of L ?:idunno:

 

Oh, my bad. I didn't realize he had FULL RIDE OFFERS from those schools. Wait, or does he? Oh, never mind... I see that he has a "WALK ON" offer from one... and coaches "interested" from another. Add both Cincinnati and Purdue to Bolden's "interested column. How was Hawkins offers looking his Soph year?

 

I'd pick Xavier over any of the schools that have actually offered a scholly to Hawkins at this point.

Madison Central 68-62.

Maybe there's a reason you keep hearing that ? As far as the D1 coaches , I am a little confused, who on Bolden's list do you think trumps those on Hawkin's list ? So far you've mentioned Xavier. Xavier over UK, U of L ?:idunno:

 

They haven't offered him a scholarship. Xavier is the best school to offer either kid, and they've offered Bolden, not Hawkins.

Oh, my bad. I didn't realize he had FULL RIDE OFFERS from those schools. Wait, or does he? Oh, never mind... I see that he has a "WALK ON" offer from one... and coaches "interested" from another. Add both Cincinnati and Purdue to Bolden's "interested column. How was Hawkins offers looking his Soph year?

 

I'd pick Xavier over any of the schools that have actually offered a scholly to Hawkins at this point.

 

The good thing about Bolden and Hawkins they Play each other today and that will prove who is better. IMO they are both great players and both will play D1 but to say how many D1 offers did Hawkins get when he was a soph is a little overboard. Bolden is a 17 year old Soph I don't know how old Hawkins is but that's a little different then being a 15 or 16 year soph. I think both are great point guards and will do big things in future. But I'm pulling for Holmes in this one. Good Luck Bulldogs represent the 9th region.

They didn't come back yesterday? Odd. I'd want to keep some semblance of normalcy. 1:30 ride home. Get them in school today. Practice after school. Head back down.

 

I dig what you are saying about some semblance of normalcy, however If I'm the coach, I would prefer keeping my team right there close to my watchful eye. Keep them as a unit with no distractions, and concentrate on some important practice, or discussion of our next game. Sure, I'd give them some relaxation time to play video games or bond out of their usual environments, or take in the other games to enjoy, and get a good look at possible future opponents. Generally just keep them focused and in a B-Ball state of mind. This would not be difficult because it's all they're thinking about anyhow.

 

Even though it's only an hour and a half drive home, I wouldn't want to chance any freak accidents getting home and back, or any unforeseen freak accidents or crazy occurrences preventing any of my players to get back with the team, and back to Lexington.

 

As a player, once I've entered basketball heaven, I don't want to leave until I'm forced to. I want to experience everything I can about the Sweet 16. The bonding with my team, the watching of as much basketball action as there is to watch, winning our games an advancing as far as we can advance. I never want it to end and if it has to end, only with our team hoisting the championship trophy.

 

All in all, I don't see a problem with keeping the team right there. It's a wonderful experience that can be enjoyed by all. I think it's more of a plus than a minus to do so.

Holmes matches up much better with MC than PRP.

 

I think Holmes can win but they will have to shoot well from outside like they did in the first round.

 

The thing Holmes has going for them is not only do they have more size, but they are just as athletic, if not more athletic than MC...outside of maybe Taylor and Hawkins. I think Englemon is the X factor as he can really be a problem at the 4.

 

What makes MC tough is not only are they fast, they are also probably one of the most physically strong teams in the state.

 

Should be a good one. I'm taking the homer pick and going with Holmes by 3 on late second ft's but I THINK MC winning by around 7 sounds a little more correct.

 

Watching Hawkings defend Bolden should be fun. If Bolden can get him in foul trouble, Holmes has more than a legit chance to win. Coston will have his hands full with Hawkins at the other end.

I hope you're right! I'd love nothing more than to see Holmes pull this one out.

 

What time is the game?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.