Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball Finalists

Who will win Mr. Basketball? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Mr. Basketball?

    • Derek Willis
      2%
    • Rusty Troutman
      0%
      0
    • Omar Prewitt
      29%
    • Dominique Hawkins
      65%
    • Darryl Hicks
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Rusty Troutman - Bullitt East

Derek Willis - Bullitt East

Dominique Hawkins - Madison Central

Darryl Hicks - Trinity

Omar Prewitt - Montgomery County

  • Replies 63
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troutman or Hawkins.

I would say Hawkins or Prewitt. Hicks missed about a quarter of the season, which I think would hurt his chances. Troutman and Willis are both outstanding players, but neither of them dominate the way Hawkins and Prewitt have this season.

I would say Hawkins or Prewitt. Hicks missed about a quarter of the season, which I think would hurt his chances. Troutman and Willis are both outstanding players, but neither of them dominate the way Hawkins and Prewitt have this season.

 

I would vote for Hawkins, and hope he wins. Is this the first time two players from the same school have been finalists for the award? Wouldn't that make you an overwhelming favorite for the state title?

My guess is that whomever has the best state tournament showing will win, or at least whomever goes the furthest.

Yes I am biased, but I would love to see Omar win this.

I would vote for Hawkins, and hope he wins. Is this the first time two players from the same school have been finalists for the award? Wouldn't that make you an overwhelming favorite for the state title?

 

I think Elijah Pittman and Ricardo Johnson of Holmes both may have been finalists for it their sr year in 2010 but not 100%.

  • Author

Has a player ever not won region player of the year and won Mr. Basketball? Willis didn't even win 6th region POY, Troutman did.

Really looking forward to seeing the 9th rep at Rupp against Bullitt Easy, assuming they win the 6th.

 

How big is Troutman? I know all about Willis but Troutman kind of came on late last year and broke out this year.

I know Willis is headed to UK but does anyone know where the other 4 are headed or where they are considering?

I know Willis is headed to UK but does anyone know where the other 4 are headed or where they are considering?

 

Omar Prewitt is headed to William & Mary.

When is the last time a UK recruit/scholarship player that was nominated as a Mr. Basketball finalist not won Mr. Basketball in KY?

Really looking forward to seeing the 9th rep at Rupp against Bullitt Easy, assuming they win the 6th.

 

How big is Troutman? I know all about Willis but Troutman kind of came on late last year and broke out this year.

 

I'm thinking 6'3, 6'4ish. Kid can stroke it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.