Beyond the taboo: Is horse meat really that bad to eat?

theguru

“Professionally speaking, it’s a much better alternative than beef,” Esther Blum, a registered dietitian and holistic nutritionist in New York City, told FoxNews.com. “Because with conventionally raised beef, the animals are fed soy, corn and grains, which makes them pro-inflammatory. Whereas with horses, they are definitely a leaner meat and not exposed to hormones or antibiotics.”

“It’s the perception of what the animal represents in a given culture,” Dr. Dale Archer, a board-certified psychiatrist and Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, told FoxNews.com. “A dog is man’s best friend, and how can you eat man’s best friend? No one thinks of a cow as a companion.”

It’s not a logical response overall,” Archer added. “No one’s thinking logically that it’s wrong; it’s an emotional reaction that occurs because of your perception of what a horse represents versus what a cow represents.”

Read more: Beyond the taboo: Is horse meat really that bad to eat? | Fox News

Personally speaking I would become a vegetarian if I had to eat horse meat. I guess it is perception because I don't have a problem eating beef.

I won't eat dog or horse meat or cat and if I had to kill the cow, I wouldn't eat beef. :lol:

I would like to try it.

Heard it was same as buffalo meat.

Cat is good, eat it all the time a Fayette Mall when they give out samples at Chinese booths.

Dog, now I ain't eating a dog.

Rat, same as squirrel, one just lives in the trees.

Pig, very nasty, but bacon is great as is pork tenderloin.

Al Czervik: "Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

How ya doin', boy? Name's Everett,

and these two soggy SOB's are

Pete and Delmar. Keep your fingers

away from Pete's mouth-he ain't had

nothin' to eat for the last thirteen

years but prison food, gopher, and a

little greasy horse.

OK....don't get mad at me for this statement...but when I was in China the first time, I asked one of the locals about their diet, and was it true that they ate cats, dogs, etc. I think he was joking, but he said "they would eat anything with four legs that wasn't a table".

I guess it's all in what your used to.