Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Update from the KHSAA 1/25

Featured Replies

I have asked at least 30 times for an example of a KHSAA rule that public schools have to follow that private schools do not.

 

Never seem to get an answer.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please see above post.

:rolleyes: I would just be wasting my time with someone who signs in under the name Trinity alum..I mean I wonder what side of the issue you are on? :D

What examples can you give that demonstrate there are separate rules today? BTW - you can find the 2005-2006 KHSAA Handbook at http://www.khsaa.org/. I have a feeling you have not reviewed them yet.

:cool: I'll just let you read it and explain it to all of us. I'm sure you have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. :rolleyes:

:cool: I'll just let you read it and explain it to all of us. I'm sure you have gone over it with a fine tooth comb. :rolleyes:

 

And it is clear you have not. You have lost all your creditability on this subject.

It's really easy to get on here and make unsubstantiated claims isn't it.

 

How dare the nasty old private school backers have the audacity to ask a very outspoken private school opponent to provide factual backup to his or her claims. What do they expect, honest debate?

And it is clear you have not. You have lost all your creditability on this subject.

That happens alot. :lol:

It's really easy to get on here and make unsubstantiated claims isn't it.

 

I agree. And it has happened on both sides of issue.

It's really easy to get on here and make unsubstantiated claims isn't it.

Or to have a point of view and form a position on a topic that you don't have the slightest idea about the particulars. Seen it before. :D

:rolleyes: I would just be wasting my time with someone who signs in under the name Trinity alum..I mean I wonder what side of the issue you are on? :D

I didn't think you could find it. Let me educate you. I have read the rules. The same rules apply to all schools.

I agree. And it has happened on both sides of issue.

Thank-you my friend. I've never claimed their were different rules for private and public, just the way certain schools (both private and public) follow those rules. Some schools just ignore or find ways around them and again I say that for both public and private. I've never just singled out the privates as Sandy, Trinity and Run whatever continually want to suggest that I'm saying.

Once again I say we come up with a certain set of rules that ALL parties (private and public) can live with and follow the rules. Lets get this thing resolved once and for all that is fair for everyone. If the rules are violated then punish the offending school..(Public or Private) Let's quit looking for loopholes, lets quit over analyzing and lets quit looking to file lawsuits when some part of it doesn't please us. Let's fix it so we can all co-exist and get back to debating what we all enjoy and that is high school athletics.

Sandy, Trinity come on lets quit with the name calling and finger pointing. I'm certain you are both bigger then that. Your last 2 or 3 post have offered nothing except what you accuse me of. Read my last post. If that doesn't make at least some sense to you then quite honestly we will never be on the same page.

Sandy, Trinity come on lets quit with the name calling and finger pointing. I'm certain you are both bigger then that. Your last 2 or 3 post have offered nothing except what you accuse me of. Read my last post. If that doesn't make at least some sense to you then quite honestly we will never be on the same page.

I don't believe that I have called you any names. Several of your posts (see your posts 114, 118, 122) have suggested that somehow the rules are different for private schools. They aren't. It is that simple. Some schools are going to be better at sports than others. It has to do with budget, effort, size, coaching and a host of other factors, none of which are unfair. Should Woodford County be thrown out of wrestling? If not, why not? Should Ballard be thrown out of basketball? If not, why not? I'll express an opinion. The private schools do a much BETTER job of following the existing rules than a lot of public schools. They have to. They are under constant scrutiny. Remember, that is only an opinion. I have no data to back it up. Prop 20 is first and foremost not an attempt to legislate an even playing field. It is an attempt to take some of the higher performing schools out of the competition. The supposed alternatives that have been presented are just bad ideas. If sports are good for kids, we should be trying to encourage kids to participate, not finding ways to keep them off the field. Asking kids in the FIFTH grade to determine their high school choice strikes me as crazy. According to the Courier Journal, about 800 kids move from public to private and private to public between 8th and 9th grade each year. Making those kids ineligible for sports for two years strikes me as moving to discourage participation, not encourage it. By the way, based on the experience of my relatively wealthy east end of Louisville parish, far more kids move from private to public for high school. Don't get me wrong. I understand the frustration of some people when they lose year after year to another school. I feel it every year when Trinity plays Ballard in basketball, but the solution is not to say that Ballard has been too successful so they must have an unfair advantage.

Several of your posts (see your posts 114, 118, 122) have suggested that somehow the rules are different for private schools. They aren't. It is that simple. Some schools are going to be better at sports than others. It has to do with budget, effort, size, coaching and a host of other factors, none of which are unfair. Should Woodford County be thrown out of wrestling? If not, why not? Should Ballard be thrown out of basketball? If not, why not? I'll express an opinion. The private schools do a much BETTER job of following the existing rules than a lot of public schools. They have to. They are under constant scrutiny. Remember, that is only an opinion. I have no data to back it up. Prop 20 is first and foremost not an attempt to legislate an even playing field. It is an attempt to take some of the higher performing schools out of the competition. The supposed alternatives that have been presented are just bad ideas. If sports are good for kids, we should be trying to encourage kids to participate, not finding ways to keep them off the field. Asking kids in the FIFTH grade to determine their high school choice strikes me as crazy. According to the Courier Journal, about 800 kids move from public to private and private to public between 8th and 9th grade each year. Making those kids ineligible for sports for two years strikes me as moving to discourage participation, not encourage it. By the way, based on the experience of my relatively wealthy east end of Louisville parish, far more kids move from private to public for high school. Don't get me wrong. I understand the frustration of some people when they lose year after year to another school. I feel it every year when Trinity plays Ballard in basketball, but the solution is not to say that Ballard has been too successful so they must have an unfair advantage.

 

 

Well said TA :thumb:

I don't believe that I have called you any names. Several of your posts (see your posts 114, 118, 122) have suggested that somehow the rules are different for private schools. They aren't. It is that simple. Some schools are going to be better at sports than others. It has to do with budget, effort, size, coaching and a host of other factors, none of which are unfair. Should Woodford County be thrown out of wrestling? If not, why not? Should Ballard be thrown out of basketball? If not, why not? I'll express an opinion. The private schools do a much BETTER job of following the existing rules than a lot of public schools. They have to. They are under constant scrutiny. Remember, that is only an opinion. I have no data to back it up. Prop 20 is first and foremost not an attempt to legislate an even playing field. It is an attempt to take some of the higher performing schools out of the competition. The supposed alternatives that have been presented are just bad ideas. If sports are good for kids, we should be trying to encourage kids to participate, not finding ways to keep them off the field. Asking kids in the FIFTH grade to determine their high school choice strikes me as crazy. According to the Courier Journal, about 800 kids move from public to private and private to public between 8th and 9th grade each year. Making those kids ineligible for sports for two years strikes me as moving to discourage participation, not encourage it. By the way, based on the experience of my relatively wealthy east end of Louisville parish, far more kids move from private to public for high school. Don't get me wrong. I understand the frustration of some people when they lose year after year to another school. I feel it every year when Trinity plays Ballard in basketball, but the solution is not to say that Ballard has been too successful so they must have an unfair advantage.

Part of what you say I can agree with. Some of it we just are coming from opposites ends of the spectrum but as I've said previously I would just liketo see it resolved in a way that both sides can live with it. Honestly I've had enough. On to another thread for me. I'll give you guys credit, you do stick together. :cool: :walk:

Part of what you say I can agree with. Some of it we just are coming from opposites ends of the spectrum but as I've said previously I would just liketo see it resolved in a way that both sides can live with it. Honestly I've had enough. On to another thread for me. I'll give you guys credit, you do stick together. :cool: :walk:

I believe this is what some of the votes behind Prop 20 was saying. Public and privates are opposite ends of the spectrum and it is unfair to ask these opposite ends of the spectrum to compete against each other.

 

Not as some have implied they wanted to ban privates, ruin privates, kick them out, etc, etc.

 

If a split did occur, we might see a proposal that prevented open enrollment. Who knows? Didn't mean to call out our new member, just saying Who knows what would have happened.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.