Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Update from the KHSAA 1/25

Featured Replies

BIGZIG, what loopholes are people trying to jump through in my very real scenario about middle school and high school? Parents are just exercising their right to send their kids to whatever school they determine is best. I highly doubt this private vs. public debate in high school sports represents 70% of parents who think things need changed. Just on here many people who attended a school supporting Prop 20 for instance, were unhappy w/ their school supporting that solution. I've seen many parents of athletes just in Lexington who hate the boycott of Lexington Catholic in regular season play. Yet Ken Cox, Joe Ruddle, and others who speak for public school sports there feel its necessary, should their opinion rule above everyone else's?

 

I agree things may need to be changed but im just stating a reason why the designation of feeder schools could be flawed. You have managed only to say im wrong w/o any explanation of why im wrong. Tell me why you'd like feeder school designation.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BIGZIG, what loopholes are people trying to jump through in my very real scenario about middle school and high school? Parents are just exercising their right to send their kids to whatever school they determine is best. I highly doubt this private vs. public debate in high school sports represents 70% of parents who think things need changed. Just on here many people who attended a school supporting Prop 20 for instance, were unhappy w/ their school supporting that solution. I've seen many parents of athletes just in Lexington who hate the boycott of Lexington Catholic in regular season play. Yet Ken Cox, Joe Ruddle, and others who speak for public school sports there feel its necessary, should their opinion rule above everyone else's?

 

I agree things may need to be changed but im just stating a reason why the designation of feeder schools could be flawed. You have managed only to say im wrong w/o any explanation of why im wrong. Tell me why you'd like feeder school designation.

:rolleyes: O.K. UNDERTHEBRIDGE you are just wearing me out. Bend it, shape it or twist it whatever way it works best for you because it appears you aren't going to give it up until I agree with you...oh and guess what, "I don't and won"t anytime soon". Love it whem you private schools guys get all fired up. Almost worth the price of my membership but you know you are starting to beat a dead horse and it's past my bedtime. :sleep: Time for BigZigs beauty sleep so I'll be out for sometime.. :ylsuper: :walk:

:rolleyes: O.K. UNDERTHEBRIDGE you are just wearing me out. Bend it, shape it or twist it whatever way it works best for you because it appears you aren't going to give it up until I agree with you...oh and guess what, "I don't and won"t anytime soon". Love it whem you private schools guys get all fired up. Almost worth the price of my membership but you know you are starting to beat a dead horse and it's past my bedtime. :sleep: Time for BigZigs beauty sleep so I'll be out for sometime.. :ylsuper: :walk:

 

I don't care for you to agree w/ me or not, in fact oppose me all you want, but when you disagree w/ me I wouldn't mind hearing why. In this case about feeder programs. Obviously its speculation about a potential problem that I felt existed if feeder schools are to be designated ever. I gathered from your comments against me and others that you disagree w/ our belief that designating feeder schools could be met w/ big problems and disagreement. All I'm asking is your opinions. You've derided us the whole time w/o saying much of anything besides problems exist, privates cheat, yada yada yada.

I don't care for you to agree w/ me or not, in fact oppose me all you want, but when you disagree w/ me I wouldn't mind hearing why. In this case about feeder programs. Obviously its speculation about a potential problem that I felt existed if feeder schools are to be designated ever. I gathered from your comments against me and others that you disagree w/ our belief that designating feeder schools could be met w/ big problems and disagreement. All I'm asking is your opinions. You've derided us the whole time w/o saying much of anything besides problems exist,
privates cheat, yada yada yada.

 

And to that I say goodnight. You can go back under your bridge. :lol:

And to that I say goodnight. You can go back under your bridge. :lol:

 

 

Fair enough, p.s. so do Publics!!!!! :sssh:

Fair enough, p.s. so do Publics!!!!! :sssh:

 

:ylsuper: 1st thing you have said all night that I can agree with once I wake up.. :thumb:

The Catholic secondary school systems in Kentucky have been around for 50 -60 years if not longer . Now that they have generated a good bit of success in athletics in the last decade or so you have a bunch of public school supporters yelling foul . You didn't hear the Catholic schools crying about the public school sucesses when we were trying to catch up ,and worked hard to do it . Grow up!!!

The Catholic secondary school systems in Kentucky have been around for 50 -60 years if not longer . Now that they have generated a good bit of success in athletics in the last decade or so you have a bunch of public school supporters yelling foul .
You didn't hear the Catholic schools crying about the public school sucesses when we were trying to catch up ,and worked hard to do it .
Grow up!!!

:rolleyes::D : Go back and re-read some of the post that are on this thread and others in this forum. There isn't enough cheese to go around with all the whining that your private school supporters have been doing since they (KHSAA AD's and Administrators) finally realized something was possibly going to be done to level the playing field..LEVEL I say..Not slanted towards the private or the public. So quit all the :cry: ing.

The Private Schools finally leveled the playing field now the public schools want to tilt it back again . As long as there are parents who want a higher sense of discipline and a faith based education the Catholic secondary schools and the newer Christian schools will not go away, For some decades the public schools were dominant , now when there is finally some semblance of parity the public schools cry about it.

The field would be level if there were an even amount of public and private schools or a similar amount of each. Then no one would be saying private schools have an unfair advantage by winning championships.

:rolleyes::D : Go back and re-read some of the post that are on this thread and others in this forum. There isn't enough cheese to go around with all the whining that your private school supporters have been doing since they (KHSAA AD's and Administrators) finally realized something was possibly going to be done to level the playing field..LEVEL I say..Not slanted towards the private or the public. So quit all the :cry: ing.

Im not cry :cry: ing . Im happy :ylsuper: with the Status Quo .

The Private Schools finally leveled the playing field now the public schools want to tilt it back again .
As long as there are parents who want a higher sense of discipline and a faith based education the Catholic secondary schools and the newer Christian schools will not go away,
For some decades the public schools were dominant , now when there is finally some semblance of parity the public schools cry about it.

If that were the main reason that parents sent their kids to private schools then I'd never say a word except more power to you. Trouble is that more and more parents put athletics above everything else and don't even know what you are talking about when you suggest a higher sense of discipline and a faith based education.

Im not cry :cry: ing . Im happy :ylsuper: with the Status Quo .

 

:D I imagine you are happy with the Status Quo..Advantage Privates and that is why you and others who share your beliefs don't want to see an actual level playing field.. :ylsuper:

I even heard that the President is weighing on this and used the term, "level the playing fields."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BTW, he was talking about free trade but I thought we could use a moment to lighten the mood.

If that were the main reason that parents sent their kids to private schools then I'd never say a word except more power to you. Trouble is that more and more parents put athletics above everything else and don't even know what you are talking about when you suggest a higher sense of discipline and a faith based education.

Please note that BZ said more and more and not ALL. There are great parents out there that academics is first choice. There are great parents out there that academics and athletics are a part of the equation. And there are parents out there that athletics is the first choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.