Pope Benedict XVI to resign Feburary 28

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love listening to Cardinal Dolan speak. What a faith-filled man. I honestly find him comforting to listen to.

Cardinal Dolan's aw shucks type of personality is what has made him so popular. Some think such a persona would keep him out of papal consideration due to it not being dignified enough. Who knows.

Cardinal Dolan's aw shucks type of personality is what has made him so popular. Some think such a persona would keep him out of papal consideration due to it not being dignified enough. Who knows.

I'd have to agree with that notion - not that I wouldn't like having a Pope with a personality like that, but that it would end up keeping him out of serious consideration.

Just thinking today while in church...that will probably be the last time I hear Pope Benedict mentioned in the context of the Mass. I can't recall back to 2005. What do priests say at Mass during the Eucharistic Prayer when the papacy is vacant?

Just thinking today while in church...that will probably be the last time I hear Pope Benedict mentioned in the context of the Mass. I can't recall back to 2005. What do priests say at Mass during the Eucharistic Prayer when the papacy is vacant?

I did hear a few times back then to pray for the conclave.

I did hear a few times back then to pray for the conclave.
Today, we prayed for Pope Benedict and for the conclave. Fr. R. said Wednesday would be the last day Benedict would be included (as Pope), but that they may pray for him in a seperate way. At least, I think that's what he said. You'll have to ask RTS or Mexitucky for verification on that. Although...Mex may not have caught that part as, as he was pretty busy hiding from lightning bolts related to his comments from earlier this week. :cool: