Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BEST PLAYER IN 16TH

Featured Replies

Maybe Tubby needs some new furniture......

 

Vanhoose is a top notch kid, but couldnt even start for Marshall.....

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Owens.

 

Well, it should be.

I could see a Russell player being invited for football... but not B-ball...at all!!!

Opinions vary but facts are facts.

Well, if Vanhoose is being considered by UK, I wish him the best. Regardless of the past, I wish him the best - and if his future is at UK, I hope that he has a great four year career there.

 

I can't imagine anyone from the 16th Region rooting for Arliss to fail at UK, or Pettrey not to excel at Ohio. I would never root against any kid from the 16th when they get to college.

 

If Vanhoose ends up at any other school, I'll wish him well whereever it is.

 

Frances

Well, if Vanhoose is being considered by UK, I wish him the best. Regardless of the past, I wish him the best - and if his future is at UK, I hope that he has a great four year career there.

 

I can't imagine anyone from the 16th Region rooting for Arliss to fail at UK, or Pettrey not to excel at Ohio. I would never root against any kid from the 16th when they get to college.

 

If Vanhoose ends up at any other school, I'll wish him well whereever it is.

 

Frances

 

:thumb:

Very nice Frances.

Well, if Vanhoose is being considered by UK, I wish him the best. Regardless of the past, I wish him the best - and if his future is at UK, I hope that he has a great four year career there.

 

I can't imagine anyone from the 16th Region rooting for Arliss to fail at UK, or Pettrey not to excel at Ohio. I would never root against any kid from the 16th when they get to college.

 

If Vanhoose ends up at any other school, I'll wish him well whereever it is.

 

Frances

 

 

Excellent post Frances. I'm not sure how much interest Tubby has in Vanhoose, but Vanhoose is a better shooter than anyone on the current Wildcat team.

... but Vanhoose is a better shooter than anyone on the current Wildcat team.

Not setting the bar very high, are you?

 

I'd say that you could find three or four guys at the YMCA that are better shooters than anyone on the current Wildcat team - excluding Vanhoose Sr.... :D

 

Frances

Blake McCowan and the Peyton kid from Morgan County are 2 very talented players in the 16th. I've not got to see the Owens kid yet.

Tiny, just wondering but do u live with Owens? You seem to know a lot about him and I was just wandering? :sssh:

 

Lets just say I know him real well. :thumb:

Geeez, who could it be then?! The only person I see as possibly having the potential to play at THAT level would be Matt Thomas because he has two more years. But I didnt think kids could make any type of visit until their junior year, does anyone know that rules about that??

D1 Schools or any NCAA division can't even send a kid a questionnaire until the last day of the schoolyear upon the completion of their Sophmore Year! :thumb:

I am sorry, but no upperclassman in the 16th Region is high D-1 caliber. Owens may be the closest talent-wise, but he is not a great outside shooter and apparently has an attitude problem. I predict he will play mid-major somewhere. There are some mighty fine 8th, 9th and 10th graders in our region who may get a shot down the road if they continue developing and get some exposure.

You guys might need a little history lesson, but RickyPitino was the head coach that chose not to recruit JR.

 

You guys will find plenty of room on that Louisville bandwagon. After todays 9 point loss to powerhouse Rutgers, the Cards are 2-5 in the Big East.

 

 

I never understand why people in our area are so negative about supporting whomever makes something big of themselves. If Jon Vanhoose gets a scholly to UK why not be proud and happy? If he plays or doesnt play while on that bench in the UK uni, how about supporting him 100%. Good Luck Jon!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.