Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BEST PLAYER IN 16TH

Featured Replies

I will answer yours since you will not answer mine.

I have seen him play twice and have various other basketball people I know who have seen him as well.

Yes I have played the game of basketball.

I have probably seen 13 of the sixteen teams play this season.

Yes I just did.

I do not know Owens personally.

 

 

I guess he answered all the questions!! :thumb:

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched owens in three games this year, the first two games I watched were up at the campbell county tournament, and I have to admit in those games my thought was that the kid was good but that he hogged the ball. After getting to watch the third game it dawned on me that it isn't him hogging the ball, but it is that Boyd county seems to have climbed on his shoulders and relies upon him to win their games.

Guys this is a heavy load for any athlete but especially for a young high school student. Becoming a great floor general takes time, and as he comes along Owens will get better at finding ways to get his team mates involved.

I know everyone has a right to their opinion and this is only MY opinion.

It'll be Vanhoose before he finishes school. Maybe before the end of the year.

Most versatile and consistent player - Drew Mcdavid

Most talented player - Antonio Owens

Best pure shooter - Jon Vanhoose

Best lock down defender - Kasey Clark and Matt Thomas

I like your's Goliath, ..there are so many different types of players in the region that you could say one is better than the other at one thing, and the other is better in another thing. Owens has definelty got the most college potential in the region. If he learns to play defense who knows how big? Followed by Vanhoose who could also play mid major b ball if he gains some strength at somewhere like Miami, OH. Then Thomas who in a couple of years could also be a major D1 player at a big time school.Then McDavid who could probaby play somwhere like Transylvania. McCowen and Daniel could also end up playing college b ball.

How many shots does Owens take per game?

How about his attitude on the floor?

Best talent but maybe not the best player.

That being said he still is one of the top players in a very weak region.

 

 

I will answer your questions, you answer mine or pay attention to the reply

 

1.How many shots does Owens take per game?

2.How about his attitude on the floor?

3.Best talent but maybe not the best player.

4.That being said he still is one of the top players in a very weak region.

 

1. A lot. How many points does he score per game? Last I checked he was leading scorer in the state.

2. Most high schoolers have attitudes, and he is just as guilty, we will admit that. Last I checked this forum was "who is the best player", not "who has the worst attitude?". And I have seen other teams with players with worse attitudes. With that being said. Do we feel we should be a judge a 18 yr old boy that has a rough personal life, which he was not in control of? Is that fair for people of here to judge him? How would we turn out in his same shoes? Think about it before you respond.

3. Depends of what you consider talent. I believe the most talented in the Region is Anthony Shannon of Boyd County. Shannon is a warrior. You will not find a kid that is a better team player and is fierce on aggression. Who do you feel has the most talent.

4. Antonio Owens is hands down the most talented and best player in the 16th Region. Vanhoose is good, McDavid is good, Thomas is good, and Euton is good, but there is a large gap between them all and Owens. Just my opinion. With that said, since you have most a bold point that you feel Owens is not the best, who would you pick??

Word on the street is a 16th region player has an invited unofficial visit to a popular school in this state this coming weekend. ;)

I like your's Goliath, ..there are so many different types of players in the region that you could say one is better than the other at one thing, and the other is better in another thing. Owens has definelty got the most college potential in the region. If he learns to play defense who knows how big? Followed by Vanhoose who could also play mid major b ball if he gains some strength at somewhere like Miami, OH. Then Thomas who in a couple of years could also be a major D1 player at a big time school.Then McDavid who could probaby play somwhere like Transylvania. McCowen and Daniel could also end up playing college b ball.

I believe one of the players mentioned here will be in Lexington Sunday as a guest of the University of Kentucky.

The best question is which player makes his TEAM better.

 

I couldnt resist to post here just so I could remind AT41 that his boy Wayne there is currently sitting on the bench of a 2-15 squad AND he got to choose his players rather than take what is at his disposal like Flynny. Be careful what you wish for. I didnt get to post my two cents worth on the other thread, but Mike Flynn has a pretty solid resume.

I believe one of the players mentioned here will be in Lexington Sunday as a guest of the University of Kentucky.

If it's Owens, thats just what UK needs. Another player that can't shoot from the outside. :irked:

Peyton for Morgan County may not be the best but I would consider him one of the top 5 most well rounded talents in the region. He's quick, good solid defensive player, moves well without the ball, don't know what he averages point wise per game, but definitely a huge contributor, and brings a lot of energy to the game. JMO.

If it's Owens, thats just what UK needs. Another player that can't shoot from the outside. :irked:

 

For someone of the name of Statmaster...you didnt do too good on your stats on this one..

 

Owens is actually a pretty good shot from 3 pt range. :thumb:

The best question is which player makes his TEAM better.

 

I couldnt resist to post here just so I could remind AT41 that his boy Wayne there is currently sitting on the bench of a 2-15 squad AND he got to choose his players rather than take what is at his disposal like Flynny. Be careful what you wish for. I didnt get to post my two cents worth on the other thread, but Mike Flynn has a pretty solid resume.

 

 

Wow, could you imagine how Breeden would have reacted to Owens being at Boyd County???? Would it had been the Frank Lee incident all over again....Would have been interesting to see :thumb:

 

All jokes aside, I believe Flynn is a great coach, but I also believe he has ran his course in Ashland and needs to move on. Once you have damaged a few egos, then they all are damaged. There comes a time to move on to another location. Flynn will do fine for 6 or so years at another location. I also do think Breeden was a good coach, just couldnt keep his opinions to himself. He would definelty be a lift next year, with McDavid and Thomas on board. I am sure a lot of the other players would also dress out again also.

 

Good luck :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.