36th District Draw - 1/28

The draws for the boys and girls 36th district tournament will be 1/28 at noon. The tournaments will be played at Highlands.

Since the district does not seed, it is an open draw.

HHS and Newport hoping to draw opposite the Thoroughbreds.

Newport has been, and probably always will be the swing vote on the seeding issue. The last couple of years they would have been the 2 seed. Maybe they will figure out they are only hurting themselves and vote for seeding in the future. As for this year, we shall know tomorrow just after the noon draw.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The draws for the boys and girls 36th district tournament will be 1/28 at noon. The tournaments will be played at Highlands.

Since the district does not seed, it is an open draw.

HHS and Newport hoping to draw opposite the Thoroughbreds.

Newport has been, and probably always will be the swing vote on the seeding issue. The last couple of years they would have been the 2 seed. Maybe they will figure out they are only hurting themselves and vote for seeding in the future. As for this year, we shall know tomorrow just after the noon draw.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded. Still think the state should mandate that all districts seed. It should be one way or the other for everyone.

Please keep us updated on the draw today.

Just seen on twitter that it took place at noon and that New Cath and Highlands drew each other for both boys and girls.

Thanks for the update. So Newport, Bellevue and Dayton are all on the other side of the bracket for both boys and girls?

Sounds like it worked out for the boys and not the girls.

I quit worrying about this a long time ago. If the district is fine with the blind draw then so am I.

Most other states do not allow a team to lose and move on so I can't work up any angst over two really good (girls) teams playing each other in the first round.