36th District Draw - 1/28

In getting back to the district draw, it seems NCC is clicking on all cylinders and Highlands is going in the opposite direction. Bellevue and Dayton, unlike last year are not much of a challenge to the three others this season so Newport definitely benefited from the draw in playing the winner of that game.

Q....can Highlands get healthy and field a full squad for that game against NCC?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how it will go once they Vote to seed if it will stay that way or not. But if they vote to seed its not going to matter.They will finish 2nd or 3rd each year and will have to play Highland or NCC. (Example) lets say that Ncc is number 1 in the seed Newport 2 Highland 3 Dayton 4 and Bellevue 5; NCC will play the winner of 4+5 and Newport and Highlands will have to play. Unless Newport can win the District every year (which they cant) there is no justifcation to seed in that district. If I was Rodney Snap I would would say NO to seeding.

Not sure how it will go once they Vote to seed if it will stay that way or not. But if they vote to seed its not going to matter.They will finish 2nd or 3rd each year and will have to play Highland or NCC. (Example) lets say that Ncc is number 1 in the seed Newport 2 Highland 3 Dayton 4 and Bellevue 5; NCC will play the winner of 4+5 and Newport and Highlands will have to play. Unless Newport can win the District every year (which they cant) there is no justifcation to seed in that district. If I was Rodney Snap I would would say NO to seeding.

I cannot speak for Coach Snapp and I have no clue why Newport all of a sudden had a change of heart concerning seeding. My guess is Newport feels as if they can defeat Highlands and get to the regional the next few years......If not then their vote made no sense what so ever. Several years ago the "2 big schools" in the district offered a decent financial package (sharing of regional revenue with all 5 teams in the district) to be put in place to try and get the swing vote but nobody bit. Interested to see if that proposal came back up.

I cannot speak for Coach Snapp and I have no clue why Newport all of a sudden had a change of heart concerning seeding. My guess is Newport feels as if they can defeat Highlands and get to the regional the next few years......If not then their vote made no sense what so ever. Several years ago the "2 big schools" in the district offered a decent financial package (sharing of regional revenue with all 5 teams in the district) to be put in place to try and get the swing vote but nobody bit. Interested to see if that proposal came back up.[/quote

After this season Newport will struggle with Dayton and Bellevue. I don't see any players being groomed to Carry the torch. I don't see Coach Snap building a program. I assume as soon a a more attractive job opens up he will throwing his name in, and taking his son with him

I cannot speak for Coach Snapp and I have no clue why Newport all of a sudden had a change of heart concerning seeding. My guess is Newport feels as if they can defeat Highlands and get to the regional the next few years......If not then their vote made no sense what so ever. Several years ago the "2 big schools" in the district offered a decent financial package (sharing of regional revenue with all 5 teams in the district) to be put in place to try and get the swing vote but nobody bit. Interested to see if that proposal came back up.[/quote

After this season Newport will struggle with Dayton and Bellevue. I don't see any players being groomed to Carry the torch. I don't see Coach Snap building a program. I assume as soon a a more attractive job opens up he will throwing his name in, and taking his son with him

So why vote to seed then? And I agree with what is currently at Newport the freshman program is not good and not too sure about the JV guys.

Well that is unless they are being groomed as has been suggested....perhaps in another state?

That was my point in earlier parts of this Thread, it does no justice to seed if your Newport, they would only benefit from a good draw. As good as a season that Newport is having (might I add beating up on terriable teams.) (Outside of HolyCross and Augusta they have yet to beat a team with a winning record.) If Newport would of Drawn NewCath first their season would come to and end. But becasue of the Draw Newprot will play in the region tourney this year.

As far as tallent they have spot peice 1 or 2 Sophmore 2 freshman( if lil snap stay) and maybe 1 or 2 eight graders. Six Graders can be good but surley there will be a new coach in place by then

Sorry about the do,6 go there from out of District and 3 start. No I don't hate Highlands but don't talk about other Schools when you are the master at it.

I am the master? :lol:

I know a heckuva lot more than I post on here trust me. I will leave it at that.

I dont want to talk about football, that is another thread anyway. As far as basketball goes, it is quite evident that Newport's program would alot worse off without the transfers.

As far as the tournament, it will be very tough for Highlands to pull off the upset of NCC. They are playing probably the best of any team in the Region right now and Highlands has gotten worse since mid-season.