36th District Draw - 1/28

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand how it could be perceived as an inconsistency, but I would hope that people could better understand how District seeding is easier & more plausible than Regional & Sweet Sixteen seeding. I also thinking Regional Tournaments have a hint of seeding with winners playing losers in the opening round.

Completely agree. :thumb:

Which would lead to seeding the "Sweet Sixteen" tournament???

It's pretty easy to seed in the Districts as you can just play one another either one or two times during the season, but how do you seed teams when they get to Rupp? Do you use the AP, LIT, Cantrell, MaxPrepr or BGP's ranking system?

Agree that in NoKy the All "A" is a tournament for mid-major programs. Small schools by number comparison, but mid-major in program development/prominence.

The truly small schools (size and program strength) only have the NKAC Division III championship!!! Or a small school holiday invitational title.

The intention of the "A" was to showcase talent from the truly small schools, i.e., Bellevue, Ludlow, Dayton, Silver Grove, who really have no chance to ever compete for a KHSAA regional/state title. Unfortunately, they could not come up with criteria that would only qualify those schools without going to conditions, as in horse racing, at which time the "A" tournament would have become a "best of the worst" tournament. So, Stan and the "A" committee decided that the "A" State does benefit many small schools (such as in Louisville - Holy Cross/Collegiate) and in some of the mountain regions and have soldiered on knowing that in NoKy his vision will never come to fruition.

If the intention of the All "A" was truly to showcase the truly small schools,

how about the committe of the All "A" making a new rule that if you win your Region in the All "A", you can't play in the event the following two years! It would reduce the Big small school!

There is no doubt the state needs to be consistent - either seed all districts or blind draw them all. Once district tournaments start, it starts the "state tournament" for everyone. There shouldn't be different rules district to district.

Actually, that is not a true statement: Until Newport gets a more consistant program. It will not do any good for them to seed. They are better relying on the luck of the draw. They will alway finish 2 or 3 in that district. More than likely finish 3 case in point if you take away the last 4 season 3 of which they finished second they have never been able to beat highlands. It just so happens that highlands basketball in bad at this moments so they have been losing to Newport. Newport will always have to go through either highlands and NewCath unless they can finish number 1 in the district standings. Therefore it will not do Newport justice to seed.

And I've heard from a couple AAU coaches that there may be help on the way next year.

On the flip side, I've heard Ethan Snapp will be going to Boone if/when Moss comes back.

I hear the same thing but I also hear that the people in the Newport community will be gald to see that happen as long as it gets the Dad outta of town.

Forgot about the two seed Newport, they voted to seed they knew they have passed Highlands in Basketball.

Not hard to do When you recruit out of Cincinnati as well as local fitness clubs. I have followed Newport teams the past 6 yrs since my son WHO is a Sr was in 4th grade. Maybe 5% of the kids on their roster have come up in the Newport system.

Not hard to do When you recruit out of Cincinnati as well as local fitness clubs. I have followed Newport teams the past 6 yrs since my son WHO is a Sr was in 4th grade. Maybe 5% of the kids on their roster have come up in the Newport system.

Serious question Q, did your son skip two grades? A senior who was in 4th grade 6 years ago?

Acutally 6 out of 12 or 13 man roster is more than more than 5% . Turner, Person, Covington, Price, Witherspoon, Commodore, oh Yeah and (Lil Snap been here since the six grade) (Garland and Gilkey are two Senior who Quit the team) or more like pushed away from the team.

The Short Brothers, Came over the summer during 2011 last year Wright and Parker came over the summer 2012 along with D.Jospeh

So your wrong.