Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shabazz [Papa]'s Got A Brand New Bag

Featured Replies

UCLA compliance will probe Shabazz Muhammad's Gucci backpack - ESPN Los Angeles

 

UCLA's compliance department is looking into the designer backpack star freshman Shabazz Muhammad wore during postgame interviews Thursday night after he scored 23 points in the Bruins' 84-73 upset of No. 6 Arizona.

 

Muhammad...was sporting what appeared to be a Gucci backpack. The Gucci website shows men's backpacks ranging in price from $990 to $2,370.

 

NEW INFO since I read this 2 hours ago:

 

Shabazz Muhammad's sister, Asia Muhammad, a professional tennis player, took to Twitter to defend her brother. She tweeted directly to Pat Forde -- the author of the Yahoo! Sports column that first mentioned the backpack -- that she and her mother gave the backpack to Muhammad as a birthday gift.

 

"I have the original receipt if you need to verify that," Asia Muhammad wrote to Forde. "[shabazz] doesn't need anything from anyone except his family. ... You're barking up the wrong tree on this one."

What if it's on the up and up? Then Forde and this dude needs to offer an apology.

What if it's on the up and up? Then Forde and this dude needs to offer an apology.

 

Much like Manti Teo's girlfriend deal, you'll have a hard time convincing most people they are just innocent victims. Too much smoke, with Manti it's the 15 different stories he's told, with Shabazz it's the improper benefits he's already received for years.

Is it possible that Muhammad, almost a guaranteed top-5 pick in next year's draft, has taken out a loan that he intends to pay back upon earning millions beginning next year?

Is it possible that Muhammad, almost a guaranteed top-5 pick in next year's draft, has taken out a loan that he intends to pay back upon earning millions beginning next year?

 

I believe under NCAA rules those type of loans would be impermissible benefits as well, otherwise you'd see tons of one and done players doing it.

Is it possible that Muhammad' date=' almost a guaranteed top-5 pick in next year's draft, has taken out a loan that he intends to pay back upon earning millions beginning next year?[/quote']

 

This kinda what was going on with Lebron back in the day. The NCAA says no cheddar till your pro.

Is it possible that Muhammad, almost a guaranteed top-5 pick in next year's draft, has taken out a loan that he intends to pay back upon earning millions beginning next year?

I don't think you can do that, it would be an NCAA violation. That would be the same as an agent or a booster giving a player a "loan" to be paid back after that playyer went pro.

All I got to say is I'm now glad he didn't choose UK. They (NCAA) looks for any excuse it seems to penalize UK. They would be all over the wildcats and I bet that Shabazz would of been found inelligable.

I think he's perfectly innocent on this one but here's my thought...why in the world would a kid who has already been the subject of an NCAA investigation feel the need to wear a red flag around. Just chill dude. Relax. Wear $1,500 backpacks when you're in the NBA.

I think he's perfectly innocent on this one but here's my thought...why in the world would a kid who has already been the subject of an NCAA investigation feel the need to wear a red flag around. Just chill dude. Relax. Wear $1,500 backpacks when you're in the NBA.

I totally agree, but if the sister actually has a receipt for the bag, I'd photocopy it and demand an apology.

They (NCAA) looks for any excuse it seems to penalize UK.

 

Jerry Tarkanian called. He disagrees.

Forde is a pompous butt hole. He must think all black athletes come from low income families, and that there's no way their families can afford something nice. What a racist.

I totally agree, but if the sister actually has a receipt for the bag, I'd photocopy it and demand an apology.

 

I would also photocopy it and post it on Twitter or someplace public. Forde is getting hammered pretty good over his story and that would definitely make him look really bad.

Forde is a pompous butt hole. He must think all black athletes come from low income families, and that there's no way their families can afford something nice. What a racist.

 

I'd call that a little harsh, considering it's a player that most thought this time last year would be ineligible to ever play NCAA ball because of all the benefits he received. The only reason he wasn't is because the NCAA screwed up much like with MIzzou's basketball coach, NCAA screw ups let these guys get away with flat out rule breaking.

I'd call that a little harsh, considering it's a player that most thought this time last year would be ineligible to ever play NCAA ball because of all the benefits he received. The only reason he wasn't is because the NCAA screwed up much like with MIzzou's basketball coach, NCAA screw ups let these guys get away with flat out rule breaking.

 

Nope, not harsh at all. Him receiving benefits in no way reflects what his family's economic status is. Enes Kanter received benefits, and his family was very wealthy. I'll stand by my Forde comments.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.