Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This Summarizes Tebow For Me

Featured Replies

Given Tebow was/is part of a program that stuck with Mark Sanchez for 14 weeks , it is clear that this organization can neither evaluate nor develop a quarterback. Given a chance to study under someone who knows how to develop quarterbacks, like McCarthy in Green Bay or Colquitt at Duke, I am positive Tebow would learn the position and be better than 2/3 of NFL QB's. To access Tebow on the basis of this season is extremely short sighted. He never had a legitimate opportunity to play the position.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's a good QB, but that OT throw for the 80 yd. pass against the Steelers in the playoffs last year was a thing of beauty!:D

Elway and company didn't want Tebow. He was forced in as a PR stunt and he kept finding ways to win despite being handcuffed. You have Manning out there, you take him. The Jets with their prideful coach were worried about headlines, not winning. You are not going to convince me he couldn't have done as well or better than Sanchez.

 

Fair but

 

1. I forgot about that and

2. This link didn't show that game for some reason.

 

Tim Tebow Career Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com

 

It doesn't change the entire picture.

 

 

 

Because the Pitt game was a playoff game and playoff stats are a separate entity than regular season stats.

 

A sun shines on a dog's butt every now and then. It does not change the picture.

Edited by PurplePride92

Actually I ignored his 'success' last year also. Fluke. He'll never see true success in the NFL.

 

I love that 8-5 makes you good and successful.

 

For those that parrot his record in Denver I could easily point out that Mark Sanchez has an 11-5 campaign to his credit and was QB in the playoffs for both of the Jets AFC championship game runs. In 2010 they were 5 points from the Super Bowl. Does any of that really mean that Sanchez is a good QB?

It is my fervent wish that Tebow goes to Jacksonville and that he gets not just one but two years as the starter there. They will fail SPECTACULARLY.

 

I think Tim Tebow is a great guy. I can't say I really love him given I'm an FSU fan, but he's a real standup guy. He is a mediocre QB that has been lucky to not be exposed more. Given enough time he will be.

For those that parrot his record in Denver I could easily point out that Mark Sanchez has an 11-5 campaign to his credit and was QB in the playoffs for both of the Jets AFC championship game runs. In 2010 they were 5 points from the Super Bowl. Does any of that really mean that Sanchez is a good QB?

 

 

Nope. He sucks too. And you proved my point.(Thanks, DF!!!).

 

The Jets won despite Sanchez just like the Broncos won despite Tebow. Just like the Ravens won despite Trent Dilfer. A strong defense can take you a long way even if your offense is putrid. You are spot on. Great analogy.

It is my fervent wish that Tebow goes to Jacksonville and that he gets not just one but two years as the starter there. They will fail SPECTACULARLY.

 

I think Tim Tebow is a great guy. I can't say I really love him given I'm an FSU fan, but he's a real standup guy. He is a mediocre QB that has been lucky to not be exposed more. Given enough time he will be.

 

Agreed.

It is my fervent wish that Tebow goes to Jacksonville and that he gets not just one but two years as the starter there. They will fail SPECTACULARLY.

 

I think Tim Tebow is a great guy. I can't say I really love him given I'm an FSU fan, but he's a real standup guy. He is a mediocre QB that has been lucky to not be exposed more. Given enough time he will be.

 

In that case, Jacksonville has nothing to lose. And for those of you critical of Tebow's throwing mechanics, take at look at these mechanics :

 

 

Edited by jolmstead

And a better than average running game. Including him running the ball and not throwing it like normal QBs do.

 

Which, unlike Clyde did, you have to take into account when talking about his QB abilities and effectivness. He is not an NFL caliber starting QB but there is no doubt he can be effective in spot situations. I don't know if he can ever be developed into a QB but I think he's young enough that with the proper QB coach he might have a chance.

Tim Tebow is the best NFL player ever!

 

There you go again!!!! Thought you learned your lesson!!! :lol: :lol:

Which, unlike Clyde did, you have to take into account when talking about his QB abilities and effectivness. He is not an NFL caliber starting QB but there is no doubt he can be effective in spot situations. I don't know if he can ever be developed into a QB but I think he's young enough that with the proper QB coach he might have a chance.

 

I think he can be effective in spot situations as well. He has excelled in some spot situations in the past and converting 3rd and short seems to be his area of expertise. I am with you on your last sentence also. Part of me wants him to succeed as a QB so the hype can finally be justified. That is what drives me nuts more than anything and makes me despise him at the heights that I despise him. The hype has never been justified IMO.

  • Author
Which, unlike Clyde did, you have to take into account when talking about his QB abilities and effectivness. He is not an NFL caliber starting QB but there is no doubt he can be effective in spot situations. I don't know if he can ever be developed into a QB but I think he's young enough that with the proper QB coach he might have a chance.

 

I think we all agree he can be an effective "wildcat" QB.

It seems as if accuracy is the biggest issue for Tebow throwing the ball in the NFL. He misses receivers by 5 yards or more many times...what I don't get is how he completed 67% of his passes for over 9,000 yards and 88 TD against just 16 picks while at Florida and now he can't hit a bull in the butt. :idunno:

Tim Tebow has succeeded everywhere he has been given a chance. He will succeed at the next stop. Just watch. He hit 65% of his passes during his career at UF and will continue to improve each year in the NFL that he gets the reps. His QBR was very similar to Sam Bradford in 2011 and you saw Sam's progression in 2012. The same will happen for Tim. He is very hard-working, high-character, great leader and intelligent and can will his team to wins. We all know he is a major success off the field and he has always been successful on the field when given a chance (UF and Denver 2011). Can't wait to see him succeed and continue to baffle the critics. God bless Tim Tebow, role model, leader and future starting QB in the NFL!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.