Highlands 57 Bracken County 53

No mention of the officials Stinky? Lol

Nice win despite the officials doing everything in there power to keep the home team close throughout this one. Blatant fouls not called against BC and numerous phantom fouls called against Highlands which always seemed to happen when the Birds were about to blow things open.

Houliston probably had close to 20 and nice to see Witte play better after struggling on Friday night. I think he had 16 all coming in the last 3 qtrs.

Props to Jr Brendan Buten also coming off the bench and providing a much needed spark at the PG position. He drilled 2 big FT's late to seal it.

BC also kept things close with hot 3pt shooting in the 4th. I think they had 5 treys in the final Qtr and went to the line 15 times. Biggest homer job ever that still resulted in a loss for a team.

Birds need to find an identity. It's still early and with Turner and Hergott out they wheeled a lot of kids off the bench.

I'm good if I don't ever have to go back down to BC for a game. Beautiful countryside and friendly people but atrocious officials. Stinkyboy may be able to add some things as well or maybe JOAT.

Bracken reminded me a lot of Bellevue when they came out on the floor - didn't have a single player taller than 6'. It appeared to be a physical mismatch with the Birds starting Witte, Houliston, Feggins (all 6'-6'3) and Nick True (6'5). Bracken zoned the Birds and the ball was lobbed from side to side without ever going to their strength and advantage on the blocks. The Birds rebounding advantage was neutralized by the many long rebounds off missed jump shots. Bracken played hard, a lot of movement on offense. HHS took a small lead to the locker room at half.

I would love to continue with some thoughts on the second half, but I will defer to those that actually saw the action.

Courtesy of an official nicknamed "hacksaw" I was not permitted to watch the second half action. I spent the second half with some very nice ladies at the concession stand and hanging with the custodial staff in the cafeteria. I appreciated the interaction and the offer of free popcorn.

I will be the first to admit that I can get worked up and be quite vocal at some games. This was not one of them. Thanks to the 5 adult Bracken fans that apologized to me as I was leaving the game. They apparently are well acquainted with the official and his antics. Thanks to the HHS fans for apologizing - as I may have taken one for the team - some thought it may be them that was being pointed out in the stands.

Finally and most importantly, thanks to Mr Mike Hunter - game administrator - for calling the only official that really matters (Mrs. Stinkyboy) and letting her know that many Polar Bears fans thought the ejection was ridiculous. Without that phone call I would be in the doghouse big time.

Bracken reminded me a lot of Bellevue when they came out on the floor - didn't have a single player taller than 6'. It appeared to be a physical mismatch with the Birds starting Witte, Houliston, Feggins (all 6'-6'3) and Nick True (6'5). Bracken zoned the Birds and the ball was lobbed from side to side without ever going to their strength and advantage on the blocks. The Birds rebounding advantage was neutralized by the many long rebounds off missed jump shots. Bracken played hard, a lot of movement on offense. HHS took a small lead to the locker room at half.

I would love to continue with some thoughts on the second half, but I will defer to those that actually saw the action.

Courtesy of an official nicknamed "hacksaw" I was not permitted to watch the second half action. I spent the second half with some very nice ladies at the concession stand and hanging with the custodial staff in the cafeteria. I appreciated the interaction and the offer of free popcorn.

I will be the first to admit that I can get worked up and be quite vocal at some games. This was not one of them. Thanks to the 5 adult Bracken fans that apologized to me as I was leaving the game. They apparently are well acquainted with the official and his antics. Thanks to the HHS fans for apologizing - as I may have taken one for the team - some thought it may be them that was being pointed out in the stands.

Finally and most importantly, thanks to Mr Mike Hunter - game administrator - for calling the only official that really matters (Mrs. Stinkyboy) and letting her know that many Polar Bears fans thought the ejection was ridiculous. Without that phone call I would be in the doghouse big time.

I gotta admit the molestation of Houliston as the final seconds ticked off in the first half with no call totally set me off. This was after several fouls that were ignored in the 1st half by the officials. With the gym quiet I let the official know that he may want to regurgitate the whistle from his stomach as he seemed to have swallowed it.

Knowing they blew the call they allowed their rabbit ears to hear us and looked up in the stands. Unfortunately Stinky it was you they pointed out and had tossed. Thanks for taking it for the team as it could have easily been me.

Hacksaw??? LOL what a joke. The other official was a former 9th Region official and I gotta say the 9th Region is likely much better without him.

Wait... Hacksaw threw you out?? LOL that's awesome. What exactly did you do?

To Stinky boy.... I was there and it was Hacksaw that threw you out... Just goes to show you how much you know about basketball if you can't even get the right official that put you out...learn to watch and keep your remarks to yourself until you've been in a referees shoes...

To Stinky boy.... I was there and it was Hacksaw that threw you out... Just goes to show you how much you know about basketball if you can't even get the right official that put you out...learn to watch and keep your remarks to yourself until you've been in a referees shoes...

That was who I was told by Bracken fans and that is what I posted.

Nice first post coach - equating basketball knowledge with knowing the name of some 10th region official. That makes no sense at all. I surely don't need you questioning my knowledge of the game of basketball. I've done my share of playing, coaching and yes refereeing.

Welcome to the site.

Let's make sure this thread stays civil.

My question is this: Is there a reason we aren't allowed to talk about poor officiating? I know we have some officials on this site. The ones I know personally that are on this site are very good at what they do. Some guys suck at it. It is what it is. If you think people aren't going to be vocal when you stink, then stripes aren't for you.

On the flipside, there are some of the most ignorant rants from fans sometimes about a call when they don't know the rule. Goes both ways I guess.

Let's make sure this thread stays civil.

My question is this: Is there a reason we aren't allowed to talk about poor officiating? I know we have some officials on this site. The ones I know personally that are on this site are very good at what they do. Some guys suck at it. It is what it is. If you think people aren't going to be vocal when you stink, then stripes aren't for you.

On the flipside, there are some of the most ignorant rants from fans sometimes about a call when they don't know the rule. Goes both ways I guess.

I go into a game expecting officials to stink it up, because in my experience, they stink it up most of the time. There are some guys that are very good at it, but they are few & far between IMO.