NCC overshadowed?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu
Why doesn't anyone including the media pay any attention to this program who seemingly wins state just about every year Highlands wins? I suppose it doesn't help to be in the shadow of the Highlands Bluebirds simply because of their record breaking year.

I do believe that Newport Central Catholic deserves it's share of congratulations and media attention, but I think this is a bit of a stretch.

First, they've only won titles in the same year twice - 2010 and 2012.

Second, Highlands has won 22 titles stretching from 1960-2012, including at least three in every decade. Newport Central Catholic has won five titles, with four coming in the last eight years.

Third, reading BGP it is obvious that there is plenty of support for both schools and much of northern Campbell County is very happy that both the Birds and Breds are state champions.

What are you talking about? I did a big feature on Josh Cain leading up to the state final, did a feature lead to a notebook on Randy Borchers and Eviston being high school teammates and Borchers driving him to school everday and both playing for Coach Schneider, I wrote 25 inches on the championship game and write consistently about NewCath. I rarely take exception with stuff on here, because opinions are opinions, but either you aren't paying attention or you are jaded. I

Edited by RSkinner
Update

What are you talking about? I did a big feature on Josh Cain leading up to the state final, did a feature lead to a notebook on Randy Borchers and Eviston being high school teammates and Borchers driving him to school everday and both playing for Coach Schneider, I wrote 25 inches on the championship game and write consistently about NewCath. I rarely take exception with stuff on here, because opinions are opinions, but either you aren't paying attention or you are jaded. I
Didn't see the one about Cain .How about a link ?

What are you talking about? I did a big feature on Josh Cain leading up to the state final, did a feature lead to a notebook on Randy Borchers and Eviston being high school teammates and Borchers driving him to school everday and both playing for Coach Schneider
Those were both good stories. :thumb:

I saw several reports about NCC on the news, both before and after they won. I don't think they've been overshadowed at all.

I agree. I think that on BGP, there are more Highlands football fans who are frequent posters than NCC football fans, so it may appear to be overshadowing. One way to change that is to get your people on here and start posting.

He isn't paying attention Richard and just trying to get some chatter going. It's what happens when you sit in a deer stand too long.

I thought NCC got great coverage and it was nice to read about the Eviston/Borchers connection.