NCC overshadowed?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems like NCC will always be the "red headed stepchild" in NKY when it comes to props. IMO' date=' mostly due to being so close to Highlands and their history.[/quote']

Maybe in Football, but has NCC pretty much owned all of Campbell County in all other sports?

What are you talking about? I did a big feature on Josh Cain leading up to the state final, did a feature lead to a notebook on Randy Borchers and Eviston being high school teammates and Borchers driving him to school everday and both playing for Coach Schneider, I wrote 25 inches on the championship game and write consistently about NewCath. I rarely take exception with stuff on here, because opinions are opinions, but either you aren't paying attention or you are jaded. I

He's a Highlands fan, not a NewCath fan. I'm not sure where he was going w/ this. All three teams got equal coverage heading up to the final, in my opinion.

Maybe in Football, but has NCC pretty muchh owned all of Campbell County in all other sports?

There are other sports?

All jokes aside, Highlands is accomplishing more and they are a larger school. Furthermore, print media coverage is way down in High School sports. That being said, I haven't really noticed a big difference, but there is a difference.

Maybe in Football, but has NCC pretty much owned all of Campbell County in all other sports?

Yes and they are not bashful about it! I have always been supportive of their program but as they continue with success on the diamond and court in both boys and girls programs, I will remind them don't cry about the grid iron to be quite honest they are second page news! I have been around their fans enough to be reminded often about that success in the other sports! I am happy they brought back the trophy. I was really rooting for cooper as well.

As far as Skinner nobody does it better!!!!!!! I always enjoy anything he does in print!!

It just seems like NCC will always be the "red headed stepchild" in NKY when it comes to props. IMO' date=' mostly due to being so close to Highlands and their history.[/quote']

The NKY "Red" headed stepchild would be St Henry! :lol:

Yes and they are not bashful about it! I have always been supportive of their program but as they continue with success on the diamond and court in both boys and girls programs, I will remind them don't cry about the grid iron to be quite honest they are second page news! I have been around their fans enough to be reminded often about that success in the other sports! I am happy they brought back the trophy. I was really rooting for cooper as well.

As far as Skinner nobody does it better!!!!!!! I always enjoy anything he does in print!!

I honestly have never heard anyone complain about NewCath not getting enough press and I'm a NewCath guy. Let's be honest, you get the press that you earn. Start the season 1-4 and not many outside of the school's community is interested. Go on a 10 game winning streak including an historically entertaining championship game, and you'll get write ups. Nobody cares about what the guy behind the counter at the Apple Store drives, they wanted to know what Steve Jobs was driving. Be significant and people will care. At the end of the year, the press coverage was there and then some.

I read both stories in the Enquirer by Richard Skinner. Great articles. My only comment would be that whoever was writing the captions for the picture slideshow had all kinds of mistakes from names being wrong to continually saying NCC won the Class A title.

I agree. I think that on BGP, there are more Highlands football fans who are frequent posters than NCC football fans, so it may appear to be overshadowing. One way to change that is to get your people on here and start posting.

Yea, I can't do it all. :lol:

What are you talking about? I did a big feature on Josh Cain leading up to the state final, did a feature lead to a notebook on Randy Borchers and Eviston being high school teammates and Borchers driving him to school everday and both playing for Coach Schneider, I wrote 25 inches on the championship game and write consistently about NewCath. I rarely take exception with stuff on here, because opinions are opinions, but either you aren't paying attention or you are jaded. I

Richard, thanks for the job that you do!!!!!:notworthy:

Well it's tough to get recognition when you're the 3rd best team in a small county! :sssh: :D

And that has only happened about 3 or 4 times in 3 decades at the expense of CCHS, give or take. You should be proud of beating the small school once a decade.....I guess? Lol

And that has only happened about 3 or 4 times in 3 decades at the expense of CCHS, give or take. You should be proud of beating the small school once a decade.....I guess? Lol

What have you done for me lately? The Camels won this year, maybe the Breds should stop living in the past!:lol: Scoreboard!:D

Seriously, it was a joke. Don't be so serious.

What have you done for me lately? The Camels won this year, maybe the Breds should stop living in the past!:lol: Scoreboard!:D

I was laughing while I was typing.

I never lost to them when I was on varsity. Now as a Freshman watching our varsity play against Tree, Stormer, Asman, and the like...that's a different story.

Edited by mexitucky