Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow Coaching Situation?

Featured Replies

Is your coach leaving? Rumor has him taking a job in Ohio.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is headed to Taylor.

  • Author

Why is he leaving - $$$? I think he'd have more sucess at Ludlow than at Taylor

He looked real hard last year so this is no surprise.

 

Any ideas on who the new Ludlow coach may be?

Why is he leaving - $$$? I think he'd have more sucess at Ludlow than at Taylor

 

Money aside I can think of two (and now with Coach Eckstein at Bellevue) three reasons why anyone at Dayton, Ludlow or Covington Holy Cross might look for greener pastures. :D

Look for asst. coach Randy Borchers to get the position.

"Money aside I can think of two (and now with Coach Eckstein at Bellevue) three reasons why anyone at Dayton, Ludlow or Covington Holy Cross might look for greener pastures."....GURU

 

 

 

I would not be so quick to put Bellevue into that category. They were senior dominated last year and will return much talent. I will give you NCC and Beechwood, but Bellevue is not in the same category.

I agree with sml007 in that Bellevue will be in an absolute dog-fight with Ludlow, Dayton, and Holy Cross for a playoff spot. Bellevue last year had 17 Seniors, 8 Juniors, 9 Sophs listed on the roster. Coach Eckstein is a good coach and I'm sure he will have the Tigers in position to contend for a playoff spot, but they were an extremely one-dimensional team last year and all that offense graduated.

 

Whoever takes over at Ludlow has as good of a shot at the playoffs as everyone else outside of Beechwood and NCC.

I am looking in the long term (assuming Coach Eckstein stays at Bellevue) and I think that is how Coach Hensley may have been looking at things too. I do realize Bellevue lost a lot from last years stud team.

Does he have a better shot at making the playoffs at Taylor than Ludlow? I would think Ludlow would be easier.

 

Is it possible Coach Hensley became discouraged with Ludlow?

Does he have a better shot at making the playoffs at Taylor than Ludlow? I would think Ludlow would be easier.

 

Is it possible Coach Hensley became discouraged with Ludlow?

 

 

Maybe. I looked up Taylor's records the past few years and they seem to be 4 - 6 every year. Coach Hensley will do a great job at Taylor.

 

It would be easier to make the playoffs at Ludlow.

I am looking in the long term (assuming Coach Eckstein stays at Bellevue) and I think that is how Coach Hensley may have been looking at things too. I do realize Bellevue lost a lot from last years stud team.

 

How long term? I can't remember if Bellevue fielded a true Frosh team this year but they didn't the previous two years. There was an initial shot of increased participation this year at Bellevue but that might be attributed to the Senior class more than anything because they also have a boatload of Seniors playing basketball too.

 

Long term even if Eckstein stays it is what it is. Bellevue will most likely have small classes and a roster between 30 and 40. They will have some talent, will contend for playoff spot, every now and then knock off one of the big teams, and every now and then not make the playoffs when both Dayton, Ludlow, or Holy Cross has an up year.

 

I'm not saying Ludlow had a better long term future than Bellevue (or Dayton or Holy Cross) but if I was coaching there I'd like my chances of finishing third or better in the district as well as anyone elses.

I have also heard the rumors and the team isn't really happy about it, there is a feeling of betrayal. If and when he leaves I look for Ludlow to have a good year just to show him what it is exactly he is missing. I also believe that Randy Borchers would make the best fit for the coaching job because he's been loyal to the team whether they have been 0-32 or 8-3.

I have also heard the rumors of Hensley leaving and this happening two years in a row is doing nothing but motivating the team. If and when he leaves I look for Ludlow to have a good year just to show him what it is exactly he is missing. I also believe that Randy Borchers would make the best fit for the coaching job because he's been loyal to the team whether they have been 0-32 or 8-3.

 

 

Best of luck to the Ludlow players. I'd probably have a chip on my shoulder as well if I was a Panther. However, don't make it personal. I'd imagine its less to do with talent and more to do with opportunity.

Best of luck to the Ludlow players. I'd probably have a chip on my shoulder as well if I was a Panther. However, don't make it personal. I'd imagine its less to do with talent and more to do with opportunity.

 

Not making it personal just stating what I know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.