November 6, 201213 yr Bad first half, good second half. That Julius Mays injury still scares me. Anytime its a knee its never good. He came back out with ice on it and they were calling it a "strained" but I just never love to see an injury down there because a lot can go wrong. Hopefully its nothing because Kentucky will need his experience and leadership to have a successful season this year.
November 6, 201213 yr Agree on Mays. Hope it's nothing serious. I really like that kid & believe he will be valuable to this team--especially early on. Much better performance in the 2nd half. WCS continues to impress & you have to love Archie's hustle. Conversely, Wiltjer was terrible & Poythress continues to be disappointing.
November 6, 201213 yr Jennings from Brossart and Stansberry from Dixie played. Good seeing them out there. Jennings is a big old boy.
November 6, 201213 yr Author Poythress has flashes of really, really nice potential but then after that nothing happens. The kid is really, really good. He'll get it figured out though. High IQ kid that has a motor to succeed at everything he does so he will find his niche. WCS is progressing at a lightning quick pace. Its kind of scary. Noel is starting to develop an offensive game. Granted its against a D3 team, but one on one he is doing very well for himself in the low post. We'll have to see how he does against a bigger component who has a little more weight to throw around. Harrow is getting better at running the offense but he isn't where needs to be. Goodwin is going to be really good once he gets things figured out. Too many turnovers right now but he has the entire package in terms of athletic ability and shooting. He can create his own shot and drive toward the rim. He is out of control at times but he'll figure that out with more experience hopefully. Wiltjer didn't have a good night but hopefully he rebounds. Hood seemed non-existent out there. I really think he will just be used a warm body to give people a rest and nothing more. Overall, I feel better about the team going into the game against Maryland on Friday.
November 6, 201213 yr Kentucky Athletics @UKAthleticsNews "I think he's OK. They knocked knees." Calipari on Mays' knee.
November 6, 201213 yr Author Kentucky Athletics @UKAthleticsNews "I think he's OK. They knocked knees." Calipari on Mays' knee. "Think"? Hopefully he knows more than that being the coach (and I'm sure he does) but it sure didn't look too good. Most guys I know who get their knees talked recover much quicker than the time it took for Mays to get back out on the floor. Then again I could be completely wrong about this. We need him to be healthy and get some major minutes for us this year.
November 6, 201213 yr How about the posterization Mt. Sterling's Brandon Rash put on WCS? Wow... Very nice play. :thumb:
November 6, 201213 yr So after two exhibitions, as long as all the players who are getting better get better really soon UK should be pretty good?
November 6, 201213 yr Jennings from Brossart and Stansberry from Dixie played. And Trey Buettal (sp?) Beechwood '09. Anyways, I like the hustle from this team and love the looks for the lobs. Archie takes 3 on1/2 on 1's sometimes, but hopefully he grows out of that. Nerlens playing with a little aggression in the 2nd half I like as well. Go Cats!
November 6, 201213 yr How about the posterization Mt. Sterling's Brandon Rash put on WCS? Wow... Rash has had a outstanding career at Transy. Also glad to see assistant Mathew Martin again on the sidelines for Transy.
November 6, 201213 yr So after two exhibitions, as long as all the players who are getting better get better really soon UK should be pretty good? UK will be good this year but I don't think they are top 5 good. I watched Michigan's exhibition last night and they look much better than UK (at this point) and Beilin (sp?) had 5 freshmen on the floor several times throughout the game so it's not like they are loaded with experience either. This team still has a long way to go. Don't be surprised if they open the season 0-2. I really like the potential of this team but their lack of depth will hurt them against good teams. Still think WCS is going to have a better year then Nerlens.
November 6, 201213 yr Mays said after the game that his knee is fine. Calipari said they "knocked knees", while Mays said he "landed funny." I'll post a video in a few minutes...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.