Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Criticism Of Cam Newton Racial?

Featured Replies

I don't think it's racism at all. I think with Cam coming in as the number one pick after leading Auburn to the title, with all the side stories, of did his dad accept money, etc.. had led to the focus being on Cam more last year. Then he had a great year and broke rookie records and everyone thought he and the team would be that much better this year. However, when it did not go his way early, the moping and frowning etc. has made it a bigger conversation. Just my opinion.

 

I actually agree with every word you said. :thumb:

 

 

I was going to wait and say it later though. :D

 

 

Cam just needs to mature and settle down a little bit.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Looking at solely at last year's numbers, Stafford seemed to have been the better QB.

 

I think Stafford has handled this bump in the road better than Cam has and that is why Stafford is being left alone right now IMO.

If black members in the media were praising Vick and downing Eli at the same time then I think a case could be made.

 

So what white members of the media are downing Cam while praising a white QB who is struggling?

 

I don't see it.

Where is the criticism of Stafford? He arguably had a better season than Cam last season and his team was better than Cam's last season. Stafford sucks this season like Cam does and his team sucks like Cam's team sucks as well. Why isn't Stafford getting the same criticism?

 

I think a lot of these guys have problems their second year. I just think Cam is so frustrated being on a bad team and he's venting like a young man does at times before thinking. I don't think he has experienced this much loosing on any team in his life, couple that with him being out of his comfort zone with Carolina trying to make him more of a pocket passer. Is it racial? I don't think so but there will always be those who try to make it that way. Like I stated, I think Cam is just a very frustrated high powered athlete. And to be honest, if it ticks off the organization enough to want to change things for the better, that's a good thing.

I don't think it's racism at all. I think with Cam coming in as the number one pick after leading Auburn to the title, with all the side stories, of did his dad accept money, etc.. had led to the focus being on Cam more last year. Then he had a great year and broke rookie records and everyone thought he and the team would be that much better this year. However, when it did not go his way early, the moping and frowning etc. has made it a bigger conversation. Just my opinion.

 

There's no way the team can be better than last year. They did nothing in the off season to improve other than adding Mike Tolbert. Hell, if I was Cam, I would be pissed off too..

So what white members of the media are downing Cam while praising a white QB who is struggling?

 

I don't see it.

 

Tebow is praised to no end and this dude sucks as a QB!

Cam is 7-15 as a starting QB in the NFL. As much as people hate losing, they hate when a QB deflects blame or sulks with bad mannerisms. Look no further than Jay Cutler. Cam joined the league with a huge cloud over his head because of father's fiasco, the Florida incident, perceived ego, etc. So if you are not going to get it done on the field, you best get it done when you are off the field because people have a lot to fall back on.

Tebow is praised to no end and this dude sucks as a QB!

Tebow is 9-7 as a starter and for every ounce of praise he receives, Tebow receives 10 times the criticisms. He is nowhere in the same stratosphere with his talent compared to Cam.

I think Stafford has handled this bump in the road better than Cam has and that is why Stafford is being left alone right now IMO.

 

That's exactly it. Stafford isn't outing his coach in the media while acting like a baby.

 

Cam's problem is that Vince Young is still fresh in everyone's mind. His melt down was epic, in terms of handling adversity. Since Cam, physically resembles VY, people will jump on it when he shows a lack of maturity that was VY's downfall. The same thing goes for Cutler. Cutler is like Jeff George, he gets just as much criticism for his body language and behavior as anyone. Much of that is due to the fact that he is so similar to George and everyone remembers what kind of cancer he was. Fair or not, that's how it is. Best way for Cam to get past this is not whine after losses and show the fortitude that he showed at Auburn when all of the stories about his Dad came out.

Tebow is praised to no end and this dude sucks as a QB!

 

That's b/c the media is waiting to jump on him as soon as he screws up. Also, nobody has ever said that he is a good QB. Excellent leader? Yes, but never praised as a QB.

 

Tebow is praised to no end and this dude sucks as a QB!

 

I don't think media coverage = praise.

 

And the Tebow coverage has slowed significantly since he's not playing much.

Has Stafford ever done a TD dance to cut his teams deficit from 28 to 21? Has Stafford ever proclaimed he wanted to be an entertainer and an icon? Didn't Newton get a ton of praise last year? Isn't RG3 getting a ton of praise this year? Must be racism.

I think some of the praise of Cam and the Panthers has been racial. I furthermore think some of the black analysts have a tendency to overpraise/over-hype black QBs and their team.

 

So, maybe the criticism isn't so much racial as it is blow-back in response to all the hype.

Cam isn't as good as Cam thinks Cam is. I think that's the nutshell. I don't care if he's chartreuse.

Moon was upset he was compared to Vince Young. Well here you go Warren, let's compare him to Dan Marino. Dan Marino = Great. Cam = sucks. How about another whitey? How about Tom Brady? Brady = Great. Cam = sucks. One more for good measure so we are totally bleached white in our analysis Warren. How about let's compare him to Ben Roethlisberger? Ben in his sophomore year? Look it up Warren. Ben = great. Cam = sucks.

 

Who does Warren Moon want him compared to? Him? Warren = Great. Cam = Sucks. Color doesn't matter, right now, Cam = sucks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.