Class A Playoff matchups

I know there is little talk of Williamsburg. What are the thought of a region tittle for them?

They'll have to beat Harlan for a second time to get to the regional title game. And the regional final would be at Hazard, so Williamsburg would have to win on the road. After a torrid start, there hasn't been much discussion of Williamsburg; they've just kept winning without much fanfare. Part of that is a weak district that doesn't generate much competition or conversation. I think Williamsburg could find their way into the state semifinals, but it will certainly have to be earned.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is little talk of Williamsburg. What are the thought of a region tittle for them?

Williamsburg is a tough team for me to figure out. I have very strong doubts because of their schedule. But the big wins over Pineville and Harlan make me think they are for real. I still have a hard time seeing them get all the way past Hazard.

Class A Playoffs

Region 1

1- Mayfield vs. 4- Caverna

2- Lou. Holy Cross vs. 3- Fulton County

1- KCD vs. 4- Fulton City

2- Russellville vs. 3- Bethlehem

Region 2

1- Frankfort vs. Ludlow

2- Bellevue vs. 3 – Eminence

1- Beechwood vs. 4- Bracken Co.

2- Paris vs. 3- Dayton

Region 3

1- Williamsburg vs. 4- Jenkins

2- Harlan vs. 3- Lynn Camp

1- Hazard vs. 4- Berea

2- Campbellsville vs. 3- Pineville

Region 4

1- Fairview vs. 4- Phelps

2- South Floyd vs. 3- Nicholas Co.

1- Pikeville vs. 4- Paintsville

2- Raceland vs. 3- Allen Central

***Bold 1 seeds would host Regional finals if they win out.***

## Even Regions will host Semi-Finals##

2nd round games should be pretty clear with a couple of exceptions.. Here's the way I see it playing out:

Louisville H.Cross @ Mayfield

Russellville @ KCD

Bellevue @ Frankfort

Paris/Dayton W @ Beechwood

Harlan @ Williamsburg

Camp'ville/Pineville W @ Hazard

Nicholas Co @ Fairview

Raceland @ Pikeville

Round 3 games:

Russellville @ Mayfield

Frankfort @ Beechwood

Williamsburg @ Hazard

Raceland @ Fairview

Round 4 games

Mayfield @ Beechwood

Williamsburg @ Fairview

Championship game

Mayfield vs Williamsburg

2nd round games should be pretty clear with a couple of exceptions.. Here's the way I see it playing out:

Louisville H.Cross @ Mayfield

Russellville @ KCD

Bellevue @ Frankfort

Paris/Dayton W @ Beechwood

Harlan @ Williamsburg

Camp'ville/Pineville W @ Hazard

Nicholas Co @ Fairview

Raceland @ Pikeville

Round 3 games:

Russellville @ Mayfield

Frankfort @ Beechwood

Williamsburg @ Hazard

Raceland @ Fairview

Round 4 games

Mayfield @ Beechwood

Williamsburg @ Fairview

Championship game

Mayfield vs Williamsburg

wow, Hazard losing at home to Williamsburg. I can see it but cant believe it.

wow, Hazard losing at home to Williamsburg. I can see it but cant believe it.

That will definately be a tough game as will the semifinal, regardless who's in it.. Fairview or Raceland are very good teams as are Hazard and Williamsburg. These games could go any which way to be honest. I think they're all relatively even this year..

On the other side, Frankfort could easily knock off both Beechwood and Mayfield, but, that'll be a tall task to put together 2 great efforts in a row and with Bwood being at home, I feel they'll somehow find a way to squeeze by and if they do, they'll be fired up for another home clash with Mayfield and if the Cards don't bring there A game, they could make an earlier than expected exit..

I would love to see a Mayfield/Williamsburg final.. That one could throw up 100 points pretty easily..

That will definately be a tough game as will the semifinal, regardless who's in it.. Fairview or Raceland are very good teams as are Hazard and Williamsburg. These games could go any which way to be honest. I think they're all relatively even this year..

On the other side, Frankfort could easily knock off both Beechwood and Mayfield, but, that'll be a tall task to put together 2 great efforts in a row and with Bwood being at home, I feel they'll somehow find a way to squeeze by and if they do, they'll be fired up for another home clash with Mayfield and if the Cards don't bring there A game, they could make an earlier than expected exit..

I would love to see a Mayfield/Williamsburg final.. That one could throw up 100 points pretty easily..

Good assessment.

I don't think Williamsburg can beat Hazard at Hazard, I expect Hazard to win that one. The Raceland/Fairview game is truly a toss up and could go either way and is penciled in to happen. I think either Raceland or Fairview could beat Hazard so that one is too close to call as well. I think the finals will have any of the three: Hazard, Raceland, or Fairview.

From the west side, I really expect Frankfort to beat Beechwood. Is it possible for Beechwood to win that game? Of course it is, but I expect Frankfort to end up playing Mayfield and Mayfield winning that game. Like you said, it's go to be difficult to put together two outstanding performances in a row.

Just our of curiosity, why haven't all the teams reported stats? Only 16, half, of the 1A teams have reported stats and obvious omissions are: Beechwood and Mayfield.

TEAMS SUBMITTING STAT REPORTS

School Name

Bellevue

Bethlehem

Eminence

Fairview

Frankfort

Harlan

Hazard

Jenkins

Kentucky Country Day

Ludlow

Nicholas County

Paris

Pineville

Raceland

South Floyd

Williamsburg

Just our of curiosity, why haven't all the teams reported stats? Only 16, half, of the 1A teams have reported stats and obvious omissions are: Beechwood and Mayfield.

TEAMS SUBMITTING STAT REPORTS

School Name

Bellevue

Bethlehem

Eminence

Fairview

Frankfort

Harlan

Hazard

Jenkins

Kentucky Country Day

Ludlow

Nicholas County

Paris

Pineville

Raceland

South Floyd

Williamsburg

I have no idea. I know Mayfield had been reporting stats because I saw where Brown was one of the top receivers and Guhy was one of the top passers, but, that was 4-5 weeks ago.. Maybe, they just report stats every 2-3 weeks or something, not really sure..

I have no idea. I know Mayfield had been reporting stats because I saw where Brown was one of the top receivers and Guhy was one of the top passers, but, that was 4-5 weeks ago.. Maybe, they just report stats every 2-3 weeks or something, not really sure..

For some reason they are reported on the scoreboard.

But, they are not posted on the KHSAA site.

Just a little bias i believe. If you recall, this same group of boys beat (completely I might add) Raceland for the Middle School Championship. I think Frankfort has a more complete team. As for Hazard, they would make short work of Raceland. Fairview has a better chance of beating Hazard.

Just a little bias i believe. If you recall, this same group of boys beat (completely I might add) Raceland for the Middle School Championship. I think Frankfort has a more complete team. As for Hazard, they would make short work of Raceland. Fairview has a better chance of beating Hazard.

I'm sorry, are you comparing Junior High School success with Varsity Success? Not a good idea, I know of schools that have had great Junior High success and have gone winless in Varsity with the same players. Junior High School does not accurately depict what will happen in Varsity.

But, since you brought it up, Raceland was in the "Championship" for a reason. Yes, they lost, but they were there, so they must have been pretty good. I was at that game and what made me laugh (out loud) was when the PA announcer wished one of the opposing players a "Happy 16th Birthday". 16? Really?

I'm sorry, are you comparing Junior High School success with Varsity Success? Not a good idea, I know of schools that have had great Junior High success and have gone winless in Varsity with the same players. Junior High School does not accurately depict what will happen in Varsity.

But, since you brought it up, Raceland was in the "Championship" for a reason. Yes, they lost, but they were there, so they must have been pretty good. I was at that game and what made me laugh (out loud) was when the PA announcer wished one of the opposing players a "Happy 16th Birthday". 16? Really?

Goodness! My son is a sophomore and hasn't turned 16 yet LOL. I wonder how many other players they had that were that old.:sssh:

Goodness! My son is a sophomore and hasn't turned 16 yet LOL. I wonder how many other players they had that were that old.:sssh:

I don't know, but when it was announced, me and about eight people I was standing with just looked at each other in disbelief and made several comments about it.