Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan Ludwick to decline $5 million option

Featured Replies

Jocketty doesn't buy at the top of the market. I suspect plenty of other teams will offer him more $ than he is worth (based on his body of work, not this past year) and keep the Reds from resigning him. Glad we had him for the price we had him this year. No reason he shouldn't maximize when he can.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt seriously if at 34 he will have another good year. I think outfielders that bat .275 and knock in 75 runs are a dime a dozen. He did a great job but I think we could pick up a younger faster outfielder that could do the same on the free agent market. You've go the young kid Rodriquez too who can play third and put Frazier in left. They have options or can get them. Hopefully Dusty don't start thinking Miggy/Wickets platoon lol.:ohbrother:

I'd offer 12 for 2. If he declines they have that leeway in hotstove.

 

I had the exact same contract in my head.

Not sure I can take two years of Heisey in left....or Stubbs in center either. Sign Ludwick.

I think outfielders that bat .275 and knock in 75 runs are a dime a dozen. He did a great job but I think we could pick up a younger faster outfielder that could do the same on the free agent market. You've go the young kid Rodriquez too who can play third and put Frazier in left.

 

I couldn't agree more BigGreenHorse! I have always thought that the Free Agent Market should just be to fill a small hole in your team or to spend big on STUD. Mid to above average players should never be bought on the free agent market. YOu have to overpay for them in FA. If we can't develop a .275 hitter that can hit 25 homers in GABP, they need to fire every hitting instructor in the system. Just my opinion! :)

I couldn't agree more BigGreenHorse! I have always thought that the Free Agent Market should just be to fill a small hole in your team or to spend big on STUD. Mid to above average players should never be bought on the free agent market. YOu have to overpay for them in FA. If we can't develop a .275 hitter that can hit 25 homers in GABP, they need to fire every hitting instructor in the system. Just my opinion! :)

 

It's so easy there was only a whooping 20 guys in all of major league baseball that hit .275/25/75 this season. :lol:

It's so easy there was only a whooping 20 guys in all of major league baseball that hit .275/25/75 this season. :lol:

 

Meanwhile, the majority of MiLB hitting instructors jobs are safe.

  • Author

That's the reason I never made it in the show. My hitting instructors always sucked.

My managers sucked. I never could hit the slider because of them.

My managers sucked. I never could hit the slider because of them.

 

I couldn't get a bunt down because they never called it.

That's the reason I never made it in the show. My hitting instructors always sucked.

 

You couldn't hit that girl on your team.

 

My managers sucked. I never could hit the slider because of them.

 

You couldn't hit LRCW

You couldn't hit that girl on your team.

 

 

 

You couldn't hit LRCW

 

He threw cheese. Now he eats cheese.

I couldn't agree more BigGreenHorse! I have always thought that the Free Agent Market should just be to fill a small hole in your team or to spend big on STUD. Mid to above average players should never be bought on the free agent market. YOu have to overpay for them in FA. If we can't develop a .275 hitter that can hit 25 homers in GABP, they need to fire every hitting instructor in the system. Just my opinion! :)

 

Couldn't agree more, especially in GABP. :thumb: .....and $15 million is too high to pay, IMO.

It's so easy there was only a whooping 20 guys in all of major league baseball that hit .275/25/75 this season. :lol:

 

I never said it was easy. My point is i do not want to pay $7 or $8 million a year to someone who is not one of the best players in the league at his position. He had a very good year and was important to our success, but do you really think he will put those numbers up again? I think his numbers will decline the next 2 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.