Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I don't really see how Boyle Co could be ranked ahead of Russell Co, Knox Central or Johnson Central.. It's gotta be more tradition motivated than performance motivated, cause each of those other 3 have outperformed them.. They played Lex Cath tough, but, I think they're a little overrated themselves, especially with there QB out and I think any of the 3 I mentioned would play LC equally as tough..

 

How do you feel these 3 teams would fair against Boyle's schedule? A lot of teams would lose to 4A#1 Highlands (7-0), 5A #3 John Hardin (7-0) and 4A #2 Lexington Catholic (7-1). Danville is the bad loss that hurts Boyle IMO. Boyle has proven that they can play with the best 4A has. I think that is the reason behind the ranking and not tradition.

 

Looks like Boyle will have to go on the road to play at Knox Central or Russell County in round 2. Not a easy place to play. Like Hatz said, it will be settled in the playoffs.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another thought...how is Lone Oak, who does not have a single quality win, ranked over Owensboro who has beaten BOTH Lone Oak and Lafayette?

 

Owensboro even has a better top-quality loss than Lone Oak...Lone Oak's top qulaity loss: Christian Co.; Owensboro's top qulaity loss: Bowling Green.

Just another thought...how is Lone Oak, who does not have a single quality win, ranked over Owensboro who has beaten BOTH Lone Oak and Lafayette?

 

Owensboro even has a better top-quality loss than Lone Oak...Lone Oak's top qulaity loss: Christian Co.; Owensboro's top qulaity loss: Bowling Green.

 

Solely on the Name.

What most rankings don't know is that WE is loaded with seniors and has one of the top players (if not the top player) in the class of 2015. Like I said, people will find out soon enough.

 

I also agree it is comical that Lone Oak is ranked ahead of Owensboro or Warren East. Add to East Raiders comments that Lone Oak was absolutely destroyed by a medicore Paducah Tilghman team.

How do you feel these 3 teams would fair against Boyle's schedule? A lot of teams would lose to 4A#1 Highlands (7-0), 5A #3 John Hardin (7-0) and 4A #2 Lexington Catholic (7-1).

Excellent point.

I've been drinking the Warren East Kool-Aid all year long.

 

If East truly isn't a Top 10 team in 4A, then 4A is an extremely close 2nd for the honor of the top class in the state. (from 1-15).

 

Quite honestly, outside of those Top 3, I don't know if there is much more than a single TD difference bt teams 4-13 or so in most polls. If all those teams played each other 10 times, I bet they'd all go 5-5 or at worst 4-6 out of 10.

I've been drinking the Warren East Kool-Aid all year long.

 

If East truly isn't a Top 10 team in 4A, then 4A is an extremely close 2nd for the honor of the top class in the state. (from 1-15).

 

Quite honestly, outside of those Top 3, I don't know if there is much more than a single TD difference bt teams 4-13 or so in most polls. If all those teams played each other 10 times, I bet they'd all go 5-5 or at worst 4-6 out of 10.

 

Boyle smashed Collins so I'll differ some with your sentiment. I think Collins is overrated and Lone Oak may be as well. I think Warren East is top 10 but I also have a sneaking suspicion that Knox Central and Russell County are better than people think. Playoffs will be tough.

 

I also think 4A is the best class 1-15.

Boyle smashed Collins so I'll differ some with your sentiment. I think Collins is overrated and Lone Oak may be as well. I think Warren East is top 10 but I also have a sneaking suspicion that Knox Central and Russell County are better than people think. Playoffs will be tough.

 

I also think 4A is the best class 1-15.

 

You hit the nail on the head with those two, especially Russell County. They might be the best kept secret in the entire state this year.

 

Outside of a handful of teams in the state (and, we all know who those are), there isn't anybody out there; any class, that wouldn't feel on edge playing that bunch.

Just another thought...how is Lone Oak, who does not have a single quality win, ranked over Owensboro who has beaten BOTH Lone Oak and Lafayette?

 

Owensboro even has a better top-quality loss than Lone Oak...Lone Oak's top qulaity loss: Christian Co.; Owensboro's top qulaity loss: Bowling Green.

Lone Oak lost to Christian County on a last-second field goal. Bowling Green hammered Owensboro.

 

Owensboro also lost to Madisonville, and I've seen Madisonville. I think Lone Oak will beat them, but Lone Oak also has some big injuries on defense right now. We'll see how it goes.

Warren East has one win of decent quality ... Monroe County. With the exception of South Warren, the rest of the non-district schedule barely has a pulse.

How do you feel these 3 teams would fair against Boyle's schedule? A lot of teams would lose to 4A#1 Highlands (7-0), 5A #3 John Hardin (7-0) and 4A #2 Lexington Catholic (7-1). Danville is the bad loss that hurts Boyle IMO. Boyle has proven that they can play with the best 4A has. I think that is the reason behind the ranking and not tradition.

 

Looks like Boyle will have to go on the road to play at Knox Central or Russell County in round 2. Not a easy place to play. Like Hatz said, it will be settled in the playoffs.

 

I think all 3 would beat Danville and Lex Cath would be a toss up. So they'd have at least a 1 game better record.

Warren East has one win of decent quality ... Monroe County. With the exception of South Warren, the rest of the non-district schedule barely has a pulse.

 

WE team reminds me alot of Lone Oak from a few years back. Everyone knocked Lone Oaks schedule and rightfully so but then they made it to state and played Boyle Co tooth and nail in the finals and actually outplayed them, imo, as Boyle had to make a 40+ yard FG in the waning seconds just to get the game to OT. That game got Lone Oak instant credability. We'll see if WE can earn that same cred this year.

Warren East has one win of decent quality ... Monroe County. With the exception of South Warren, the rest of the non-district schedule barely has a pulse.

 

Lone Oak has ZERO wins of decent quality and got smashed by what has now been shown to be a pretty average PT team. Lone Oak had their whole defense when they played PT. Owensboro hung 45 on Lone Oak...you don't give up 45 and get to blame it on injuries.

 

Not saying WE is better than Lone Oak, or anyone else for that matter that they have not played, that's what the games are for, but rather, I point out the lack of strength in your arguement against East or Owensboro. Both those schools have beaten quality opponents, the school you argue for has simply LOST to a quality opponent.

 

...oh, and Christian co. had 5 defensive starters out for that LO game too. :D

You hit the nail on the head with those two, especially Russell County. They might be the best kept secret in the entire state this year.

 

Outside of a handful of teams in the state (and, we all know who those are), there isn't anybody out there; any class, that wouldn't feel on edge playing that bunch.

 

Is this the same team that the posters lobbied all last year for a Top 10 ranking and then lost in the 1st round of the playoffs? Obviously teams are different from year to year, but what makes this year different from last year for this team?

Is this the same team that the posters lobbied all last year for a Top 10 ranking and then lost in the 1st round of the playoffs? Obviously teams are different from year to year, but what makes this year different from last year for this team?

 

They returned the most important parts from last year's team including the best senior in the state no one has heard of in Nick Britt.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.