Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the coach at St. Henry- and how do they stack up in there district

Featured Replies

He was upset and rightfully so that his son Kevin didnt get picked by coach Mullins for the district team.Coach Mullins picked players that did not deserve the honor just because they play on his summer team.I agree Coach Pedicord could have handled the situation better but it is what it is.Doug is a great teacher of the game and all the kids respect him that is more than I can say for the previous coach.Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

 

 

When you say "district team" do you mean the playoff roster or do you mean the district tourney team?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was upset and rightfully so that his son Kevin didnt get picked by coach Mullins for the district team. Coach Mullins picked players that did not deserve the honor just because they play on his summer team.I agree Coach Pedicord could have handled the situation better but it is what it is.Doug is a great teacher of the game and all the kids respect him that is more than I can say for the previous coach.Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

 

I highly doubt this. If he picked them, it was because he believe they deserved it. You may not agree with his choices, but unless you are in his head, you can't say its because they were on his summer team. Of course, maybe he came right out and said that. Have you ever seen the way he treats his players. Their is absolutely no slack given, none! As I said in the Beechwood thread. He's probably one of the toughest coaches out there, but he's consistent and fair.

He was upset and rightfully so that his son Kevin didnt get picked by coach Mullins for the district team.Coach Mullins picked players that did not deserve the honor just because they play on his summer team.I agree Coach Pedicord could have handled the situation better but it is what it is.Doug is a great teacher of the game and all the kids respect him that is more than I can say for the previous coach.Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

 

That makes no sense because his son played on Coach Mullins summer team also.

Things like this are exactly why I don't think parents should coach their own kids in high school. Sometimes it may be unavoidable if you are the head coach but I would avoid it any way possible. Just my opinion though and don't need agreement. :thumb:

Things like this are exactly why I don't think parents should coach their own kids in high school. Sometimes it may be unavoidable if you are the head coach but I would avoid it any way possible. Just my opinion though and don't need agreement. :thumb:

 

I agree. Parents have a hard time looking at the teams best interest ahead of their childs. Coaching or not coaching

When you say "district team" do you mean the playoff roster or do you mean the district tourney team?

 

All tournament team:ohbrother:

Have you ever seen the way he treats his players. Their is absolutely no slack given, none! As I said in the Beechwood thread. He's probably one of the toughest coaches out there, but he's consistent and fair.

 

So he is just like Myerhoff. :notworthy:

As I stated MY OPINION didnt ask for agreemant.I know for a fact in last years districts Mullins voted the losing pitcher for another team to the district team who lost the game for his team by walking and hitting three batters in the last inning in front of a player who had the game winning RBI just because he plays on his summer team.I have a nephew who plays at St. Henry so I know for fact what I say when I say the majority of the players are glad to see Mullins leave and lobbied for Doug to get the job.

 

 

The majority of the players for St Henry have a lot of respect for Coach Mullins and didn't want him to leave. There may be some players who didn't like the fact that he doesn't sugar-coat things and he tells it like it is.

 

From my experience, Coach Peddicord won't be a lot different in that respect. He will be fair, command respect, and teach the game without the sugar-coating that a lot of players/parents are now used to.

sorry.got in late on this talk. i will take the fifth...lol!!! good luck doug!!!

Have you ever seen the way he treats his players. Their is absolutely no slack given, none! As I said in the Beechwood thread. He's probably one of the toughest coaches out there, but he's consistent and fair.

 

So he is just like Myerhoff. :notworthy:

 

You must have missed the "consistent and fair" part of my statement. :notworthy:

No hard feeling between these 2 in fact they were talking this week on help fill out coaching staff at St. Henry. Obviously some people have blue feelings towards Coach Mullins, be he is well respected in Northern Ky and beyond for his coaching abilities. And if you want your kid to play college ball, he will help you anyway he can even ones who has not played for him. He has lots of college contacts, more than you can imagine.

 

 

How about someone who knows give us some insight on the situation, instead of this silly banter.

Why did the current head coach at St. Henry sit in the stands at the regional tournament last year and not on the bench? He was then the pitching coach. He was on the bench during the District Tournament, I believe.

I had gotten word that Dunn, the pitching coach from Cooper was released recently. Do you think that's the reason he was let go?

 

I agree. Parents have a hard time looking at the teams best interest ahead of their childs. Coaching or not coaching
I had gotten word that Dunn, the pitching coach from Cooper was released recently. Do you think that's the reason he was let go?

 

It's hard to look at players objectively when your kid on the team and sometimes it gets it the way of doing what's best for the team. Not sure if that was the reason, but I always say after a certain age, there should not be any parents involved in the decision making of the team.

It's hard to look at players objectively when your kid on the team and sometimes it gets it the way of doing what's best for the team. Not sure if that was the reason, but I always say after a certain age, there should not be any parents involved in the decision making of the team.

 

100% agree. At some point, you have to let your kid sink or swim on his/her own. It only gives the other parents fodder for more complaining and rarely gives your kid the feeling that he is good enough to play/start without your "help"....I'm against it as soon as you reach high school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.