Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the coach at St. Henry- and how do they stack up in there district

Featured Replies

played ball with doug in the old holy name league.1984-88. one of the best guy's i ever played with...on,and off the field. [and i played for 17 years.i have been around the block a little..lol!!!] last year was his first year coaching high school. i only know what i here...but....

my wife works with his,so i'd say she's a pretty good source. who ever gets the job will be getting a great facility. no doubt!!!

good luck to whoever gets the job.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be Peddicord.

It will be Peddicord.

 

Didn't he quit on the team last year in the regional tournament? Didnt sit on the bench because of district all tournament team or something?

Didn't he quit on the team last year in the regional tournament? Didnt sit on the bench because of district all tournament team or something?

 

I'm not sure if the above is a question or a comment but...

 

I do not know.

 

He is the coach.

I'm not sure if the above is a question or a comment but...

 

I do not know.

 

He is the coach.

Not a question it was a comment. Why would they want a coach who quit on the team?

Not a question it was a comment. Why would they want a coach who quit on the team?

 

I figured it was a comment.

 

No clue as to the "why?"

Not a question it was a comment. Why would they want a coach who quit on the team?

 

Well, then you may want to choose your words and punctuation correctly. A statement ends with this "." or "!" not "?" This would be the right choice at this point. Given the late start, they need someone familiar with the program.

Well, then you may want to choose your words and punctuation correctly. A statement ends with this "." or "!" not "?" .

 

Not if it is a rhetorical question which is what his was.

Not if it is a rhetorical question which is what his was.

 

There's absolutely NO such thing as a "Rhetorical Question" in discussion forums. :sssh:

How about someone who knows give us some insight on the situation, instead of this silly banter.

Why did the current head coach at St. Henry sit in the stands at the regional tournament last year and not on the bench? He was then the pitching coach. He was on the bench during the District Tournament, I believe.

  • Author
How about someone who knows give us some insight on the situation, instead of this silly banter.

Why did the current head coach at St. Henry sit in the stands at the regional tournament last year and not on the bench? He was then the pitching coach. He was on the bench during the District Tournament, I believe.

 

He was upset and rightfully so that his son Kevin didnt get picked by coach Mullins for the district team.Coach Mullins picked players that did not deserve the honor just because they play on his summer team.I agree Coach Pedicord could have handled the situation better but it is what it is.Doug is a great teacher of the game and all the kids respect him that is more than I can say for the previous coach.Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

While I do not know him as the pitching coach he let down all the players on the team if he did indeed not coach in the regional. Other ways to express unhappiness besides having a negative effect on kids. That being said if the St. Henry administration feels he deserves a shot as head coach then they must have a handle on it and so be it.

 

And as an aside Coach Mullins is well respected for his knowledge and treatment of players.

  • Author
While I do not know him as the pitching coach he let down all the players on the team if he did indeed not coach in the regional. Other ways to express unhappiness besides having a negative effect on kids. That being said if the St. Henry administration feels he deserves a shot as head coach then they must have a handle on it and so be it.

 

And as an aside Coach Mullins is well respected for his knowledge and treatment of players.

 

As I stated MY OPINION didnt ask for agreemant.I know for a fact in last years districts Mullins voted the losing pitcher for another team to the district team who lost the game for his team by walking and hitting three batters in the last inning in front of a player who had the game winning RBI just because he plays on his summer team.I have a nephew who plays at St. Henry so I know for fact what I say when I say the majority of the players are glad to see Mullins leave and lobbied for Doug to get the job.

As I stated MY OPINION didnt ask for agreemant.I know for a fact in last years districts Mullins voted the losing pitcher for another team to the district team who lost the game for his team by walking and hitting three batters in the last inning in front of a player who had the game winning RBI just because he plays on his summer team.I have a nephew who plays at St. Henry so I know for fact what I say when I say the majority of the players are glad to see Mullins leave and lobbied for Doug to get the job.

 

 

Trust me I did not give you agreement. Obviously you have very hard feelings towards the coach. I do not know him well just stating that he is well respected in the baseball community.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.