Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Cubs Series 9/18 thru 9/20/12

Featured Replies

I can't believe everybody is resting on the same day.

  • Replies 343
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more indifferent on it than loving it. It's a tough situation b/c you should rest guys, but you should also be trying to get the 1 seed. That's why these guys get paid the big bucks though.

 

 

I'm not so sure I would want the #1 seed. It definitely has it's advantages, but there are also some disadvantages.

I like resting all the regulars versus the Cubs. No one can complain about the Reds giving one contender an advantage over another by resting players.

I'm not so sure I would want the #1 seed. It definitely has it's advantages, but there are also some disadvantages.

 

There is zero advantage to going out West to play a red hot SF team no matter who gets the wild card or how well they played getting there IMO.

The Reds must really want to wait an clinch at home.

The Reds must really want to wait an clinch at home.

 

They can't clinch today anyway...

While Dusty was in the hospital they must have even further reduced the brain cells that allow him to make out a lineup. I'm so disapointed though that he didn't let "Wickets" Valdez pitch. :ohbrother:

I can see ole Dusty texting the lineup to his aide Speier. That toothpick wiggling and the little fingers lexing while he types. "Got to get them some at bats to keep them ready," he'll blabber. Play your best lineup and give a guy or two off each day. Give Rolen like the rest of his career off as a starter and get Frazier ready for the playoffs. Ship Valdez to Russia and have a retirement dinner for Cairo. Is Terry Francona out there still for the future? :laugh:

There is zero advantage to going out West to play a red hot SF team no matter who gets the wild card or how well they played getting there IMO.

 

 

Brewers are even hotter, and other than the Reds and Nationals have the best home record in the NL. Don't want to see them play St. Louis on the road for the 1st two games of the playoffs either. The Giants offense scares me about as much as buffet prices do.

I can see ole Dusty texting the lineup to his aide Speier. That toothpick wiggling and the little fingers lexing while he types. "Got to get them some at bats to keep them ready," he'll blabber. Play your best lineup and give a guy or two off each day. Give Rolen like the rest of his career off as a starter and get Frazier ready for the playoffs. Ship Valdez to Russia and have a retirement dinner for Cairo. Is Terry Francona out there still for the future? :laugh:

 

 

Like those awkward moments when you are actually embarrassed for people when you hear them speak.

They can't clinch today anyway...
I looked at the schedule wrong, I thought they had one more in Chicago tomorrow before returning home. No matter, I was being cute anyway.
I looked at the schedule wrong, I thought they had one more in Chicago tomorrow before returning home. No matter, I was being cute anyway.

 

You are cute Toots.

It just got weird.

 

 

You have no idea what we've done at past moderators conventions. There is a reason we have a spindoc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.