Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Early Leader for NKY POY?

Featured Replies

  • Author
On a side note, a little birdy told me that Michael Romes considered transferring to Highlands at some point prior to Willie Schlarman taking over and that was nixed...... Can you imagine if Romes was on the HHS team....unstoppable.....prob just a rumor but think of the lineup

 

 

Why was this supposed transfer nixed?

 

For the record, I don't buy it.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are in agreement that with Beechwood having to play in a very weak conference, it can potentially hurt Romes.

Yes. agreed.

I am only going by what I read so no offense to Michael Romes but he seems to be an offensive machine who can take anyone to the hoop, this is also what I am hearing. The problem is he will not get the recognition because he plays for a Class A school and like it or not, it hurts him.

 

Maybe there should be a 1-1 competition at the end of the year between Vories and Romes in front of a packed house. That would be interesting.

Of course it would be neat but 1-1 isn't all that Vories and Romes do.

 

As for Romes going to Romes, I never heard anything like that and I doubt it. Although a lot of disgruntled CovCath athletes have had a great history at Highlands.

  • Author
What are their stats to date??

 

Exact stats in the KY Post today:

 

Romes 25.4 PPG, 8.9 Rebounds, 58.5 FG%, 78.1 FT%, 2.5 Steals

Vories 18.4 PPG, 52% FG, 40% from 3, 70% from the line, 2.9 steals

Howard 17.6 PPG, 12 boards, 60.8 FG%

Hard to argue with an early nod towards Romes. :thumb:

 

Especially considering schedules have been pretty even to this point.

Lets see where Beechwood ends up come District Tourney time. Throw Dayton, Bellevue, Ludlow maybe Heritage and Calvary on Highlands schedule and I am sure Vories pours in over 30 points to pad his average.

 

The Romes rumor by the way came from a decent source so it isnt that crazy....I'm sure the disgruntled cov Cath players certainly would want to go to the top program....can you blame them?

The Romes rumor by the way came from a decent source so it isnt that crazy....I'm sure the disgruntled cov Cath players certainly would want to go to the top program....can you blame them?

 

You have absolutely no clue about the Romes family. That would have never of happened.

On a side note, a little birdy told me that Michael Romes considered transferring to Highlands at some point prior to Willie Schlarman taking over and that was nixed...... Can you imagine if Romes was on the HHS team....unstoppable.....prob just a rumor but think of the lineup

 

Simpson PG

Vories SG

Romes SF

Guiduigli PF

Johnson C

Bench- Eaton, Hudepohl, Smith, McGraw

 

If you want to play this game, add him to CCH's current lineup. Would of, should of, could of.

You have absolutely no clue about the Romes family. That would have never of happened.

 

St. Henry was also another possible transfer school for Romes. From what I heard, guarenteed playing time was wanted at both HHS and St. Henry and neither coaches could GUARENTEE anything. Thats just one of the reasons Beechwood was his choice.

St. Henry was also another possible transfer school for Romes. From what I heard, guarenteed playing time was wanted at both HHS and St. Henry and neither coaches could GUARENTEE anything. Thats just one of the reasons Beechwood was his choice.

 

Guarenteed Playing Time?? Is this a NBA free agent or a high school kid we're talking about??

  • Author

I'd suggest we stop with the rumors and speculation about the Romes' supposed demands.

I'd suggest we stop with the rumors and speculation about the Romes' supposed demands.

LOL I agree ..... kinda of out of hand. The kid is good. But boys let it go.

  • Author

OK. Its now mid-Feb. How do you rank them?

 

Has Vories moved to the top?

Good question?

 

I think it all comes down to the tournament. Who wins? If Highlands win then it has to go to Vories. If CCH keeps rolling how can you not give it to Tierney. I don't think it goes to Romes though. The Tigers have dropped off and competition is going to hurt his votes. Same goes with Penick. I truely feel its going to come down to who does well in the regionals.

Good question?

 

I think it all comes down to the tournament. Who wins? If Highlands win then it has to go to Vories. If CCH keeps rolling how can you not give it to Tierney. I don't think it goes to Romes though. The Tigers have dropped off and competition is going to hurt his votes. Same goes with Penick. I truely feel its going to come down to who does well in the regionals.

 

I always have a problem with choosing a PLAYER of the year based on how well his TEAM does. That's why I'm glad the Heisman is chosen before the bowl games, it shouldn't matter...IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.