Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic / Beechwood Predictions

Covington Catholic vs. Beechwood 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Beechwood

    • Covington Catholic
      81%
    • Beechwood
      18%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

If you are a CovCath player and you are reading any of this thread, then you better understand that Beechwood wants to beat you and could care less what is written about this game by BGP's posters.

 

This game is important, don't think a W is in the bag and over look Beechwood, because Beechwood isn't thinking this game is a loss on Friday night!

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a CovCath player and you are reading any of this thread, then you better understand that Beechwood wants to beat you and could care less what is written about this game by BGP's posters.

 

This game is important, don't think a W is in the bag and over look Beechwood, because Beechwood isn't thinking this game is a loss on Friday night!

 

You mean like the Cov Cath adult fan at the Boone / CCH game who snottily asked Beechwood players, "Why are you here? You are going to get drilled by at least 40."

You mean like the Cov Cath adult fan at the Boone / CCH game who snottily asked Beechwood players, "Why are you here? You are going to get drilled by at least 40."

 

That fan was in the wrong, and I'm not excusing him...frankly that embarrasses me...but I would be willing to bet that at most games you could find at least one adult fan who seems to vocally have the wrong attitude about things.

 

If I had a nickel for the number of adults I had call me a disparaging term for a homosexual simply because I attended an all-male high school...

That fan was in the wrong, and I'm not excusing him...frankly that embarrasses me...but I would be willing to bet that at most games you could find at least one adult fan who seems to vocally have the wrong attitude about things.

 

If I had a nickel for the number of adults I had call me a disparaging term for a homosexual simply because I attended an all-male high school...

 

as Seinfeld would say "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

 

 

Sorry couldn't resist, love that show.

^ Nice first post itsSHOWtime. Welcome to BGP.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

That fan was in the wrong, and I'm not excusing him...frankly that embarrasses me...but I would be willing to bet that at most games you could find at least one adult fan who seems to vocally have the wrong attitude about things.

 

If I had a nickel for the number of adults I had call me a disparaging term for a homosexual simply because I attended an all-male high school...

 

Wait, we aren't all homosexuals? This is news to me.

 

But seriously, I want to express the same sentiment. I've seen some parents go way over the line with comments like this. It's embarrassing. The only things parents should be saying to other players are good luck or good game. If not that or something along those lines, keep your mouth shut.

You mean like the Cov Cath adult fan at the Boone / CCH game who snottily asked Beechwood players, "Why are you here? You are going to get drilled by at least 40."

 

I saw a lot of CovCath fans talking to Beechwood players, most of them have know the kid their whole life.

And yes a little back and forth would be going on.

And I see nothing wrong with tell your opponent you are going to kick some butt on Friday.

And reading this post a lot of people think it could be blowout, I for one would not be surprised that this is a close game.

I always believed that this game means more to Beechwood than CovCath and CovCath plays Highlands the next week.

I think you are reading way to much into the statement.

The only things parents should be saying to other players are good luck or good game. If not that or something along those lines, keep your mouth shut.

 

:thumb:

Cov Cath by 21.

Why does Cov Cath always have a brave heart theme against Beechwood?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Why does Cov Cath always have a brave heart theme against Beechwood?

 

Started back in the '97 season. Bob Bieger was teaching at Cov Cath at the time, and he arranged to have students meet at Blessed Sacrament and march along Dixie Highway up to Beechwood for the game. Somebody just randomly decided it would be cool to add in a bagpiper leading the "Colonel Militia" for effect, and then the Braveheart thing just kind of fit its way into the scenario. Everybody in the crowd seemed to like it, and it just stuck, I suppose.

I honestly find the brave heart idea a bit confusing and silly. The tigers tradition of doing a Red Out makes more sense. I think it just motivates the Tigers even more every year they do the Brave Heart idea. And, I say the tigers when 35-7 due to one thing, heart. The tigers are motivated and ready.

I honestly find the Braveheart idea a bit confusing and silly. The Tigers' tradition of doing a Red-Out makes more sense. I think it just motivates the Tigers even more every year they do the Braveheart idea. And, I say the Tigers win 35-7 due to one thing, heart. The Tigers are motivated and ready.

 

It is a bit confusing and silly...and it's fun for the Colonel Crazies, so they keep doing it. And even if the Braveheart cheering section motivates Beechwood more every year, it would seem that it motivates Cov Cath more as well, seeing as Beechwood's string of victories over Cov Cath has tapered off heavily in the more recent years.

 

Since the '97 season, when the Braveheart thing started at Cov Cath:

1997 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) Can't recall the score, but it was the third of four straight Beechwood wins decided by a kick.

1998 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 24-21

1999 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 26-0

2000 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 14-0

2001 - Series Suspended

2002 - Series Suspended

2003 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 24-7

2004 - Cov Cath (Ray) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 26-25

2005 - Cov Cath (Rodenberg) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 28-14

2006 - Cov Cath (Rodenberg) beats Beechwood (Rash) 34-0

2007 - Cov Cath (Brossart) beats Beechwood (Rash) 14-7

2008 - Beechwood (Rash) beats Cov Cath (Brossart) 35-21

2009 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 43-14

2010 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 24-21

2011 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 40-28

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.