Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eagles 17 Browns 16

Featured Replies

Final. 9 turnovers between the two teams. This game was so ugly and boring that all the turnovers did make it an exciting finish at least. Two years in a row the Browns have lost on opening day at the end of the game when they had the lead.

Browns had an INT that would have ended the game but the LB couldn't hold on.

Like looking at a train wreck I watched every snap of this thing. The LB makes the pick that went right thru his hands in the endzone and the Browns win this one. Joe Haden is a bad man and the Browns defense is very good. Their O Line is pathetic and that is being nice. Awful really. The rookie QB made some poor throws that cost them.

Weeden 12/35 4 picks.

  • Author
Like looking at a train wreck I watched every snap of this thing. The LB makes the pick that went right thru his hands in the endzone and the Browns win this one. Joe Haden is a bad man and the Browns defense is very good. Their O Line is pathetic and that is being nice. Awful really. The rookie QB made some poor throws that cost them.

 

Agreed! I think it was a combination of the Eagles having a good pass rush and the Browns oline just sucking. The Browns defense is really good and honestly if they had McCoy starting this year I think they could have a better year and even with a slight chance at 8 and 8. Having a rookie QB though he is going to throw those picks and really hurt their chances.

Somebody, anybody tell me why the Browns score to go up 5 and DON'T go for two? Puzzling. Lose by 1. Horrible coaching decision.

Somebody, anybody tell me why the Browns score to go up 5 and DON'T go for two? Puzzling. Lose by 1. Horrible coaching decision.

 

I didn't know that. Fair question to ask.

Somebody, anybody tell me why the Browns score to go up 5 and DON'T go for two? Puzzling. Lose by 1. Horrible coaching decision.

 

It was pretty early. I don't think it was a horrible coaching decision. In hindsight, sure. But at the time, I disagree. They didn't need to.

Somebody' date=' anybody tell me why the Browns score to go up 5 and DON'T go for two? Puzzling. Lose by 1. Horrible coaching decision.[/quote']

 

Because if you don't get it 2 field goals could beat you.

  • Author
Somebody, anybody tell me why the Browns score to go up 5 and DON'T go for two? Puzzling. Lose by 1. Horrible coaching decision.

 

I believe there was 10 minutes to go in the game still when they got the lead correct? Which if they go for two and don't get it then they are only up 5 and just two field goals will beat you. With the way their defense was playing, you made them have to score a touchdown to beat you. So it was not that bad of a coaching decision at the time honestly. Its easy to say otherwise though after the fact.

I would have kicked the PAT. The defense had been outstanding. Again, I underestimated how good a corner Haden was. He's very very good.

 

I don't think it matters who plays QB for the Browns with that OL. They aren't going to be able to run the football and there will be another corner on the field in coverage. I feel sorry for Richardson, who trucked the helmet off the safety in the first quarter and it was violent.

I believe there was 10 minutes to go in the game still when they got the lead correct? Which if they go for two and don't get it then they are only up 5 and just two field goals will beat you. With the way their defense was playing, you made them have to score a touchdown to beat you. So it was not that bad of a coaching decision at the time honestly. Its easy to say otherwise though after the fact.

 

Agreed, too much time left. I don't think you go for two until you absoutely need to. It's pretty hard to convert two (especially the way the Browns offense was playing), and if you miss, you're forced to go for two almost every score after that. I've seen too many teams blow it by going for two too early, and being forced to chase the points.

Weeden 12/35 4 picks.

 

Ouch; not a good outing for the first game.

This was about as ugly as a professional football game could get; I think the ugly tree may have fell on them.

Richardson did straight bull a guy from the Eagles over; forgot which player it was, but I think we will see more of that in the future.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.