Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th

SvFan4life

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a Droid compatible with the iTunes app and does it have Siri?

It has S-voice...I've never used it so I have no idea how well it works. I NEVER use Siri, and neither do any of my friends that have the 4s, so in the end that doesn't really make or break it for most people. iTunes compatibility is a huge thing for me because I have a lot of music that I like the put back and forth, but that's about the only thing the iPhone has on the higher end Droids now.

This goes specifically to SV fan for implying that I'm spoiled (when in reality the people buying phones that aren't even dramatically upgraded for no reason are the spoiled ones)...The iPhone hasn't even caught up with the competition. So if you want to spend money on a unimpressive upgrade, and a product that isn't even the best on the market, be my guest. I'm going to be doing the same things with my 4s that you are with your 5.

iphone5-comparison-infographic.jpg

If it ain't got iTunes then it is worthless to me. I don't care if their secondary camera is better.

Other than the iOS, iTunes and Siri the phones seem the same to me. I don't see what I am missing out on other than maybe flash player. And I can handle that. I need iTunes and Siri. Love Siri when I use her.

Suggestions from you guys?

I currently have a 3GS but I am do for an upgrade. I had been waiting on the 5 to come out to see what all it had to offer. Now I am at a crossroads of getting a 4S instead of getting the 5. What would you all recommend.

Another thing is that the main reason I am skeptical about going to the 5 is that the adapters are going to be a different size. I have an XM skydock that my phone ports right into and the 4S would still fit. I run my Sirius XM through my iPhone so I was worried that once my service went to the new phone that I would no longer be able to use my 3GS to port into my sky dock and play satellite radio. The sky dock cost almost $200 dollars so when they do produce an updated one for the 5's ports I'm not really that interested in buying another one if I don't have to. I'm just afraid I won't be able to use my 3GS as primarily just a Sirius radio if it doesn't have service on it. With the 4S though I could still basically use it on my dock and as my personal phone the same way I do now. Does anybody know anything certain about this? Could you still per say use apps and a Sirius XM app on a phone that isn't connected to the ATT network? The sirius XM uses antenaa signal that runs from the sky dock so I wouldn't need cellular service to get signal to the Sirius GPS, so in theory it should still work. I'm just not sure.

Any suggestions would be helpful in making a decision.

And what was that you were saying PP about no Itunes on 5? How would this change how you would add music to your iPod?

Why would you want a phone that's not as good? Why pay $100 now for something that's 2nd best. Remember if you pay $100 you are signing a contract. Which means you will keep that second best phone for probably 2 years.

If you want an iPhone and are willing to pay $100 I think it would be stupid not to get the 5, which is obviously going to be a better phone.

And the 4 is okay, but the 4 doesn't even have Siri. It's out of date, which is why they will give it away.

You misunderstand me. You said you could sell your iPhone 4 on eBay for $200 (thereby making it essentially free for you to transition to the iPhone 5). I'm asking who in the world would pay $200 for a used iPhone 4 when they can get a 4S for half that or the iPhone 4 for free under contract. Being out from under a contract will only take me so far when it's comparing a brand new phone to a used one.

Now, coming from a 3GS or not an iPhone user? Yes, it is a no-brainer, you get the iPhone 5. As a 4S user I see nothing here that makes me say I have to have an iPhone 5 NOW, which was the crux of my argument in the first place. Yes, the iPhone 5 is faster, slimmer, etc. The iPhone 6 (or whatever they choose to call it), which you can bet your bottom dollar will be coming out sometime next year as they have released one a year every year since the debut, will likewise be a faster model than the iPhone 5 and slimmer than what I have currently. I feel I can patiently wait with my perfectly fine phone now for that day.

What are 32GB 4's going for? That's probably what will make my decision.

Idk but my 16gig went for $200. Check out eBay they will make you an offer and you really dont have to do anything.

If you accept the offer they will give you a shipping label with postage paid and they gave me until Oct 1st (that's when they said it has to be shipped by). That way I keep my old phone until I get my new one.

You can also look on Gazelle.com. They make offers too but eBay was offering more last night.

This goes specifically to SV fan for implying that I'm spoiled (when in reality the people buying phones that aren't even dramatically upgraded for no reason are the spoiled ones)...The iPhone hasn't even caught up with the competition. So if you want to spend money on a unimpressive upgrade, and a product that isn't even the best on the market, be my guest. I'm going to be doing the same things with my 4s that you are with your 5.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37438

The 4s was less of an upgrade than the 5 and you bought it.

You misunderstand me. You said you could sell your iPhone 4 on eBay for $200 (thereby making it essentially free for you to transition to the iPhone 5). I'm asking who in the world would pay $200 for a used iPhone 4 when they can get a 4S for half that or the iPhone 4 for free under contract. Being out from under a contract will only take me so far when it's comparing a brand new phone to a used one.

Now, coming from a 3GS or not an iPhone user? Yes, it is a no-brainer, you get the iPhone 5. As a 4S user I see nothing here that makes me say I have to have an iPhone 5 NOW, which was the crux of my argument in the first place. Yes, the iPhone 5 is faster, slimmer, etc. The iPhone 6 (or whatever they choose to call it), which you can bet your bottom dollar will be coming out sometime next year as they have released one a year every year since the debut, will likewise be a faster model than the iPhone 5 and slimmer than what I have currently. I feel I can patiently wait with my perfectly fine phone now for that day.

I get what you are saying now, my bad. eBay has an instant offer option for old phones and they offered $200 for my 4.