"With the Exception of Rape or Incest"

Clyde

Should There Be an Exception For Rape/Incest For the Criminalization of Abortion?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be an Exception For Rape/Incest For the Criminalization of Abortion?

• Yes
    • No

I am the same way, though I'd take it one step further. I would (and have) counsel someone considering that option to take another route.

:thumb:

I would never encourage an abortion & would definitely recommend adoption; however, I support the individual's right to choose.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never encourage an abortion and would do everything in my power to prevent one. That said I can still see (not agree with) a woman making a decision to abort the results of a rape or act of incest.

Abortions should be safe, legal and very, very rare. But they should never be my decision (male).

I'm catholic and I voted "no". People bring up rape and incest so often; yet rape and incest are not always easily proven in a court of law, so how can they be proven in a doctor's office?

I can't think of anyone I feel more sympathy for than a rape/incest victim. Those are things that should never, ever, ever happen to any female(or male). However, I think this has no place in the abortion/pro-life debate. If you're pro-life, you should be pro-EVERY-life, not just the warm and fuzzy ones. Otherwise, you're not really pro-life, you're just anti-abortion.

I'm catholic and I voted "no". People bring up rape and incest so often; yet rape and incest are not always easily proven in a court of law, so how can they be proven in a doctor's office?

I can't think of anyone I feel more sympathy for than a rape/incest victim. Those are things that should never, ever, ever happen to any female(or male). However, I think this has no place in the abortion/pro-life debate. If you're pro-life, you should be pro-EVERY-life, not just the warm and fuzzy ones. Otherwise, you're not really pro-life, you're just anti-abortion.

You articulated my thoughts so much better than I did!

I agree with TB&G...beautifully said.

You're comparing an abortion to a vasectomy?

Yes, as far as a medical procedure. Psychologically it is a more troubling experience because of the POTENTIAL for life. If I were ever in that situation, I hope that I would be a part of the discussion, but I would not want to make the decision for her, or FORCE her to make a decision one way or the other.

Yes, as far as a medical procedure. Psychologically it is a more troubling experience because of the POTENTIAL for life. If I were ever in that situation, I hope that I would be a part of the discussion, but I would not want to make the decision for her, or FORCE her to make a decision one way or the other.
You're going to have to explain how a fetus is only potential.

Just curious. Have any women voted in this poll?

Yes, I did....I don't think abortion is right under any circumstance.....This is coming from a female who was molested and raped.....The emotional trauma is worse when a person kills her baby after such an act of violence...The act she could not help....the killing she could.....

As far as a medical procedure? Biologically, the two are completely indistinguishable from each other, whether you believe the fetus is a life or not. Quite a reach you made there, Stretch Armstrong.