"With the Exception of Rape or Incest"

Clyde

Should There Be an Exception For Rape/Incest For the Criminalization of Abortion?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be an Exception For Rape/Incest For the Criminalization of Abortion?

• Yes
    • No

I believe that God created and gave us free will.In doing this we will reap the positives that come with doing good,but sadly we also can reap the negatives that come from free will,even if it comes from someone Else's evil choices.

I pray to God that no one has to ever deal with the problem of rape,but I know that in this evil world we live in,it's inevitable that such things as rape are going to happen.

My belief is that we are only passing through this world,and we must suffer pain to reach the ultimate pleasure which is in the Kingdom of God.

I will not condemn someone that has had to make the choice of abortion,it is not my place to pass judgement on anyone!I can only pray that they can ask God for forgiveness.

If someone in my family did have to make the choice to abort the baby or put it up for adoption,I can only pray that God would give us the strength to make the right decision,and I know that in my heart that adoption would be that right decision.Unless we decided to raise the child.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between killing and murder. Murder is defined by statute. Killing may be justified, and therefore not murder by definition. Self-defense is one of many defenses of justification. Terminating a fetus may be defined as murder.

I am not talking the legal definition I am talking moral.

A fetus is innocent.

So is the mom that you are forcing to carry a baby to term that she had no say whatsoever in its conception. You are victimizing her again with the pregnancy and public whispers and then with a baby that she may have never wanted. Why are you not protecting her life and her innocence? Or do we not really care about it.

So is the mom that you are forcing to carry a baby to term that she had no say whatsoever in its conception. You are victimizing her again with the pregnancy and public whispers and then with a baby that she may have never wanted. Why are you not protecting her life and her innocence? Or do we not really care about it.

Protecting her life or protecting her from a constant 9 month reminder of the tragic event.

I care very deeply for her as I care very deeply for a friend of mine who was raped and the women at a not-for-profit I serve on the board of who have been raped. Despite the sympathy I feel for all of them, I could not justify killing the child who is innocent of the act. As awful as rape is, killing the offspring is not the answer. In some way similar to how I do not want murderers executed even if it would make the family have closure. While murderers are people I don't care for, they are lives also.

If someone is Pro-Life with no exceptions, then it would appear that self-defense would never be a defense for murder. Murder is murder, doesn't matter the circumstances.

Apples and Aces of Spades. The child is not capable of killing the mother so there is no need to defend the mother from her child. I guess there are some who are pacifists who believe it is better to die at the hands of your attacker than defend yourself but I would argue that as extreme pacificism rather than Pro-Life.

I made the votes private so I'll ask someone who voted "no" a sensitive question.

If your wife or sister was raped by a black gangbanger and became pregnant are you saying you would strongly encourage them to keep the baby?

Yes but would not have a problem with putting the child up for adoption after the birth.

I didn't say I agreed with the decision to terminate, I just understand the need to make the exception.

I don't mean to be difficult. I really don't. I want to understand this way of thinking. I am not directing this comment just at All Tell.

As horrible as rape is and as terrible as the emotional pain would be to deal with giving birth to your rapist's child, I cannot for the life of me see how anyone that truly feels that a fetus is a person can say that person should not be protected from abortion because of the emotional pain/psychological trauma that their birth would cause another.

Forgive the ridiculousness of this argument, but let's say that the raped woman chooses to have the baby and upon it's birth, feels that the emotional trauma is too much. Should we kill the child? Absolutely not. It would be murder. But how can anyone think that any abortion is murder and not think that all abortions are murder?

I honestly don't know how to explain how I feel about this. Yes I do feel that all abortions kill a child and in a perfect world a woman who has been raped would be able to see that the child inside her was innocent of any wrong doing and bring it into the world. That said I realize it's not a perfect world so while I may totally disagree with her decision I do believe that a woman who has been wronged in such a profound way should be allowed to make that decision.

I honestly don't know how to explain how I feel about this. Yes I do feel that all abortions kill a child and in a perfect world a woman who has been raped would be able to see that the child inside her was innocent of any wrong doing and bring it into the world. That said I realize it's not a perfect world so while I may totally disagree with her decision I do believe that a woman who has been wronged in such a profound way should be allowed to make that decision.

Just to be clear...you feel that a raped woman should have the right to kill her child?

I wish that I could say that I understand where you are coming from...but I don't. I'd like to understand, but I can't.