4. Conner

5. Newport Catholic

6. Beechwood

7. Boone County

8. Holy Cross

9. Simon Kenton

10. Ryle

Others: Dixie Heights 11, Campbell County 10, Lloyd 2, Scott 1

Yep. It's a NKY poll, and losing to a very solid Scott County team wouldn't put them below any NKY teams by my estimation.

Agreed. Losing to SC wouldn't mean they're not better then every other team in NKY. Plus they have to lose for it to even be up for debate.

Pretty sure SK goes undefeated this year, beating Trinity, USC, LSU & Alabama to win the national title.

They receive a special invitation to play in this years Super Bowl, but turn it down to protect their amateur status.....

:dancingpa

Thanks to the 11 coaches that voted. I would think coaches may have the best feel of how their teams compare to others. I'd like to see more of them vote. It's early, hopefully as the season progresses the others will get more involved??

Thanks to the 11 coaches that voted. I would think coaches may have the best feel of how their teams compare to others. I'd like to see more of them vote. It's early, hopefully as the season progresses the others will get more involved??

Or, they read on here like everyone else because they don't have time this early to get a good feel. Well, maybe that's not true either or SK would be rated higher.

On the Highlands losing to Scott County question, I think it depends on how that game goes. If Highlands loses a close one, I think the Birds probably stay on top. If Highlands loses by a couple TD's and CCH gets the blow out win versus Dixie, I could see CCH jumping over Highlands.

I see your logic here but this is something, if it were to occur, would be a detriment to CCH. If for any reason the Birds are seated behind CCH in any poll going into their September matchup.......ohhhhh boy, loookout !!!

Pretty sure SK goes undefeated this year, beating Trinity, USC, LSU & Alabama to win the national title.

They receive a special invitation to play in this years Super Bowl, but turn it down to protect their amateur status.....

:dancingpa

Then the MVP of the national title game and the Heisman Trophy winner both transfer to Beechwood.